peugeot boxer hazards coming on their own

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know it sounds pretty simple but we had the van sprayed and valeted the other day but since we picked it up the hazard have been intermittently coming on on their own and the central locking operating itself, also the radio isnt operating correctly switching through the options on its own.
The valeter said he didnt use water near the dash but it seems to me like thats the only realistic explanation that the connectors somewhere are damp and shorting....is there anywhere else to look?, I've had a couple of fan heaters going in the cab all day but the hazards are currently just operating continuously.

Sponsored Links
This may sound pretty basic, but its likely the battery has been disconnected prior to the spray work.....check all of the connections including extra ones at the positive terminal - especially if there is a bank of high current fuses there.
John :)

Thanks the connections are fine, strange thing is when the hazards go off you cant get them to work with the button. Its affecting the radio and the aftermarket monitor in the centre console which is making me wonder about moisture. Its had 24 hours but no sure how much longer to try to dry everything

Has the battery been disconnected, do you know?
If so, maybe the body control module has been upset. Although it's not coded to the vehicle there is a reconnection sequence that must be followed to avoid bizarre happenings like these.

Sponsored Links
Thanks John that would certainly explain alot as everything thats playing up seems to be controlled by this unit. I went to try and follow the reconnection procedure but I cant even get under all the fused stuff on the top to disconnect it!

Have a look at BBA Reman - ECU gurus. Then, Common Failures, Peugeot. If you check out body control modules they do have reprogramming procedures, although the Boxer may not be mentioned maybe the Expert has the same module.
Nowt to lose really! Unless your cab has been flooded I would have thought things would have dried out by now.

Would this have the COM 2000 indicator switch? They can cause all sorts of odd problems

God knows tbh, how would I tell?. Garage man says the bcm is shot but freely admits he is getting out of his depth and peugeot garage reckon on 600 quid to replace!. I will call BBA tomorrow to see if they have any replacement units. My mechanic also says it is impossible to temporarily bypass the hazards, does anyone know any different?

I wish I did know different but if it was mine I'd unplug the hazard flasher switch and see what happens.
I'm puzzled as to why the bcm has failed in the first place......bummer, that one :eek:

Just an update, although still in the process of repair it was found the flashing hazards etc from the bsi were caused by a knackered battery. This caused our hirer a breakdown and when the rescue service came out they attempted to jump start the vehicle several times. Peugeots diagnostic unit identified the 'vehicle has been attempted to jump start from incorrect points' which has in turn burnt out the ecu!

I wonder what they mean 'from incorrect points' :eek: Maybe the rescue man wasn't wearing the correct surgical gloves at the time or didn't have enough cotton wool on board :mrgreen:
Thanks for the update!

I suspect they mean he went + to - and - to +. Wasn't particularly on his game that day by all accounts!

Sponsored Links
Back