PHEW!

If all you can say are things like "Lol" and "Stop digging holes....", you are not presenting a sound argument.

Sponsored Links
You know that both the Daily Wail and Metro are both titles of DMG Media?

Yes. However, they are but two of the many articles out there.

None of the articles I found mentioned commercial waste. And the picture the council says shows commercial waste is far from conclusive.

Sponsored Links
This was the initial response by the council when the story first went viral, after a media backlash, the council slowly changed their response to imply other items were being carried.

https://www.itv.com/news/london/201...-council-for-having-a-rubbish-bag-in-his-van/

“The waste in this case was being transported in commercial refuse bag in the trader’s vehicle.

"Regardless of what the items are, if waste is being stored in a commercial refuse bag in a trader’s van it is necessary that they have a valid waste carriers’ license (sic).

It is widely recognised as best practice for tradesmen to be licensed to avoid legal repercussions, in the event they are required to transport even small quantities of waste.”

– Waltham Forest Council

This was the initial response by the council when the story first went viral, after a media backlash, the council slowly changed their response to imply other items were being carried.

https://www.itv.com/news/london/201...-council-for-having-a-rubbish-bag-in-his-van/

“The waste in this case was being transported in commercial refuse bag in the trader’s vehicle.

"Regardless of what the items are, if waste is being stored in a commercial refuse bag in a trader’s van it is necessary that they have a valid waste carriers’ license (sic).

It is widely recognised as best practice for tradesmen to be licensed to avoid legal repercussions, in the event they are required to transport even small quantities of waste.”

– Waltham Forest Council
Lol. Poor back-peddle. Glad you rushed out and got your license though.:ROFLMAO:

The council tips around here seem to have a rule that goes something like anything in a trade person's vehicle is commercial waste. What ever I take gets dumped for free, bricks or anything in that line.

I'd want to see a full photo of the inside of that van. There was no need to cut it as much as it has been.

Thing that gets me annoyed is the extra I pay for a skip over what a trader gets them for. Next time I get one I'm going to pretend I'm a builder. Needs to be a builders skip anyway.

Lol. Poor back-peddle. Glad you rushed out and got your license though.:ROFLMAO:

Well if you think that makes me a nob, good luck mate but the bottom line is I do carry rubbish/waste, might only be a bag or two but pointless hiring a skip, and I'm legal.

Well if you think that makes me a nob, good luck mate but the bottom line is I do carry rubbish/waste, might only be a bag or two but pointless hiring a skip, and I'm legal.

You use a traders vehicle then? Somewhere I have a large plastic thing. The idea was that it's bought, filled and taken away. I decided it was worth keeping. I use trade refuse sacks anyway if needed. Only problem with those is they need to tipped into the correct place at the tip so can't mix what goes in.

nose seems to feel superior if he name-calls and mocks. Not really a grown-up attitude.

Well if you think that makes me a nob,
Not at all. Getting a license is sensible if you intend carrying waste.

The only knobbish thing about this thread is the fact that some people believed the shamelessly Daily Mail-esque blarney posted earlier.(y)

And some people believe that acting like an immature 12 year old is somehow acceptable. Grow up.

Not at all. Getting a license is sensible if you intend carrying waste.

The only knobbish thing about this thread is the fact that some people believed the shamelessly Daily Mail-esque blarney posted earlier.(y)

Do you not have a licence to carry waste?

Sponsored Links
Back