Picture of the week!™

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well folks, I thought it fit to resurect this once great legacy having seen a few 'interesting' things this week.

Doing some work in a school, I spotted this feed for the fire alarm

Pyroearthclamp.jpg

Sponsored Links
Things wrong with it:

1)Old pyro reused and rerun to new cu lower then old cu was so pyro not long enough

2) Pryo not correctly earthed, earthed with earth strap instead of earthing nut

3)Plastic cu used insted of metal one, so equipment used which is not suited for its invironment

4) Cover not fitted correctly on cu

5)Corroison on pyro gland so earthing strap will not have a good contact for earthing

6) Cover on plastic trunking not on fully as cables are pushing it off

A typical case of a domestic spark changing a fuseboard in a commercial environment.

Sponsored Links
I hope not. I think I've worked in every school in Otley, and with the exception of the secondary school, they all have pretty good wiring :)

This was at a private school in Bradford.

No, not that one, but just round the corner from there ;)

Been there a couple of times many moons ago.

Looked a bit ramshackle back then. Still is, if your picture is anything to go by.

It's okay know it now!!!!! Yes been in there when teaching at a certain catholic boys school.

not entirely suprised

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back