pictures of a recent job

Because it is an RCBO, and that is how they come

p2478786_x.jpg

Sponsored Links
I might be wrong, but looking at these pics are some of the core's of the T&E running through the PVC conduit without the outer "grey" protective sheathing ? is that okay ?

I might be wrong, but looking at these pics are some of the core's of the T&E running through the PVC conduit without the outer "grey" protective sheathing ? is that okay ?

I'm not sure which pictures you've seen twin and earth in but if you're looking at the pictures in the first post of this topic then they're pvc singles.
In any case, there wouldn't be a problem stripping the outer sheathing off a twin and earth cable and running it through pvc conduit as the conduit will now cater for mechanical protection in the same way it does for pvc singles (which is what the conductors under the sheath are).

Sponsored Links
In any case, there wouldn't be a problem stripping the outer sheathing off a twin and earth cable and running it through pvc conduit as the conduit will now cater for mechanical protection in the same way it does for pvc singles (which is what the conductors under the sheath are).

One big difference to note between conduit singles and twin+earth in the smaller sizes is conduit singles are stranded conductors. This helps when drawing the conductors into the conduit around bends etc. On a straight run using the single core conductors from twin and earth won't be much of an issue.

Yes, it more more a case of likening an internal conductor from twin and earth to a pvc single (6491X) in that pvc conduit would provide mechanical protection to either.
I pity the fool who would strip t&e to wire a conduit installation :LOL:

Tell me about it!! I have been rewiring one! :LOL:
Also liked to hide terminal blocks in the inspection boxes :evil:

Tell me about it!! I have been rewiring one! :LOL:
Also liked to hide terminal blocks in the inspection boxes :evil:

What are these people thinking??
I suppose it could be down to ignorance and not knowing any better.
Garage or similar?

Nah, theatre type installation. Should have known better as it was a shipyard spark who installed it originally.
Other fun items included blacks as switch lives, shared neutral between 2 circuits - the phase leaving by metal conduit and returning by a core in a SWA.

The amount of times I have seen so called sparks pull in blacks into a conduit/trunk system, and then sleeve it red :evil:

And pull a live loop to the light fitting, and then drop to the switch! Grr!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back