pictures of a recent job

Sponsored Links
stupid question time:

how you bend plastic conduit? dont it just break?

I broke many lengths of conduit trying to figure that out.

Warming it up with a hair-dryer and using the springs worked quite well.

Sponsored Links
The IET don't seem to have an issue with it, the issue was covered in this issue of wiring matters: clicky.

Agreed, I've read the article a while ago but isn't exporting an earth breaking the conditions of you receiving a supply from a DNO?
Can the DNO (in extreme circumstances) disconnect a supply under these circumstances?

In any case I was merely pointing out that there are others who frown upon exporting earths from a PME supply and not in anyway being controversial.

Not as far as I am aware. The only times PME is not allowed afaik are to do with caravans and boats which is forbidden under the ESQCR regulation 9 (4) clicky.
There will probably be more burried in other legislation for example petrol stations.

Funnily enough, after looking at this post, I walked to school to collect my boys. On the way through the assembly hall, I saw this:

Too few saddles and bendy to boot...

BendyConduit-1.jpg

Thats so funny.

Yet again, in a completely non work environment situation, you still took time to photograph bad electrical work :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You're officially as sad as me :confused: :D

:LOL:

That's nothing! Just wait till I find & post a piccy I took in Crete....No, I'm not kidding! ;)

Seeing as I had just read a thread about the potential of sagging conduit, I thought it was God's gift to find some only a few minutes later...

OK, so I'm officially a Sad Git™.

Wanna join my club? ;)

That's nothing! Just wait till I find & post a piccy I took in Crete....No, I'm not kidding! ;)
I've got some I took in Tenerife, but since my USB multi-card reader doesn't recognise an 8GB SD card, I need to find the cable to plug the camera in directly before I can upload them....

I'm glad I'm not the only one that walks round looking at electrical installations.
My other half rolls her eyes every time we go away, first thing I do (after opening a beer) is check out the cu & earthing arrangements :LOL:
Got some pics some where of the cu from a villa in portugal we stayed at last year.

New section maybe titled HOLIDAY ELECTRICS ......................for us sad muppets :rolleyes:

Spotted this fine bit of conduit on an industrial unit today.

I had to take a photo for this thread :LOL:

Image260.jpg

Yep, 20mm black PVC conduit supplying the two floods on the end, and the one over the right hand roller shutter.

They could have at least used white :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back