PIR Monday this is the test schedule from the Rewire 2009

I will watch carefully this post to see what you find and what is done.

I would think even if the electrician can't be found then the LABC should be brought to task. They are paid a lot of money to ensure site safety.

There is very little different between 16th and 17th edition form. 16th says "Method of protection against indirect contact" 17th says "Method of fault protection" and 17th states BS 7671 at bottom 16th only says wiring regulations it does not specify BS 7671.

Both ask for RCD time neither ask for RCD tripping current only the minor works asks for that.

*14 All switchgear and controlgear assemblies, drives, control and interlocks, etc must be operated to ensure that they are properly mounted, adjusted, and installed. Satisfactory operation is indicated by a tick in column 14.

Clearly a tick in the "Other" box is all that needs to be recorded as far as rest of tests done with a RCD.

I realise there are forms made by others which do have provision for more readings to be recorded. As to EEBADS not ADS sorry to say when I took my C&G2391 earthed equipotential bonding and automatic disconnection of supply was a standard and it may have well been printed with the form we never really thought about it it was just something we always entered in the box. I asked the question on 12 February 2008 on IET forum so clearly I was aware, but there is nothing to stop anyone using "earthed equipotential bonding" even if no longer required so entering EEBADS even today is not wrong. It seems the Amicus guide to the 17th still used EEBADS (reported 8th July 2008).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back