PIR Sensor + Two core & earth (uninsulated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am I not surprised you reacted the way you did in this thread.
I can't think of any reason whatsoever why you should be surprised that I, or indeed anybody, should react badly to being unjustly accused of denigration, being scornful and egocentric etc by some clown who takes exception to the idea that competence is a worthy goal.

Sponsored Links
Oh dear. Bas, it looks as though you're not quite as good at getting as good as you give.

Bless you, darling x

Getting as good as I give?

Care to explain what is scornful or denigrating etc about this:

"I'd prefer it if people learned about things beforehand, and acquired a full and genuine understanding of how it worked and exactly what to do before they picked up a screwdriver."

?

Feel free to be rational.

Sponsored Links
Have booked you a room in Travelodge Watford Central (seems to be about halfway between you) so you can administer said warm cuddles.

I agree, but some people need to learn.
Often, telling them how it is makes them go away. This is a DIY forum. I would like to think we could steer the OP in the right direction, rather than scare them off.

I agree sometimes on this forum experts can be really nasty, it should be about helping people and avoiding potentially dangerous situations.

Can nobody here read properly?

I'd prefer it if people learned about things beforehand, and acquired a full and genuine understanding of how it worked and exactly what to do before they picked up a screwdriver.

Just what is wrong with that?

Can nobody here read properly?

I'd prefer it if people learned about things beforehand, and acquired a full and genuine understanding of how it worked and exactly what to do before they picked up a screwdriver.

Just what is wrong with that?

Darling, you know that's not the only thing you've said. You're often seen being very rude and often swearing.

Look, someone's booked a room for us, I'm sure we can find somewhere to eat and drink and talk things through before bed time x

By the looks of it, it would seem that it's really only you who cares so much, to complain over reaping what you so, which is typical of a forum bully boy.
It's already been point out anyway.
And typical of you to either be incapable of reading properly or deliberately choosing not to just so you can have a go.

I did nothing here which could be construed as bullying, I simply said that IMO people should be competent, that they should learn and come to understand what was involved in doing something before actually doing it.

But nobody it seems, not even you, can show why that was wrong.

How can I unsubscribe from this thread? I can't find the button anywhere?!

By the looks of it, it would seem that it's really only you who cares so much, to complain over reaping what you so, which is typical of a forum bully boy.
It's already been point out anyway.
And typical of you to either be incapable of reading properly or deliberately choosing not to just so you can have a go.

I did nothing here which could be construed as bullying, I simply said that IMO people should be competent, that they should learn and come to understand what was involved in doing something before actually doing it.

But nobody it seems, not even you, can show why that was wrong.

No, sugar, it's typical of you to want to over sensationalize everything everyone says and not see that the way you speak to people reflects in the way they speak to you.

People have shown you where you were wrong, but you just want to drag this out.

Calm down, dearest bas, calm down x

No, sugar, it's typical of you to want to over sensationalize everything everyone says and not see that the way you speak to people reflects in the way they speak to you.
I said this:

"I'd prefer it if people learned about things beforehand, and acquired a full and genuine understanding of how it worked and exactly what to do before they picked up a screwdriver."

The abuse from norm360 was hardly a reflection of that.

People have shown you where you were wrong
No they have not. Not one single person has shown that there was anything wrong with that, or even tried.

And the reason that they have not is because it's impossible - there is absolutely nothing wrong with the idea that people should be competent, that they should learn what's involved in doing something before starting to actually do it.

But if you'd like to try and put forward a rational argument in favour of people starting to do electrical design and installation work when they don't understand it, and don't know what they are doing, then go ahead.

I said this:

"I'd prefer it if people learned about things beforehand, and acquired a full and genuine understanding of how it worked and exactly what to do before they picked up a screwdriver.

That's not all you said, and you know it.

Reap what you sow, sweet, reap what you sow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back