Placing boiler in bathroom?

I would be getting a new condensing boiler fitted, rather than try and move the current boiler. Probably a Worcester Bosch or Viessman.
Thanks. Just to clear up the distraction which has arisen, do I take it that you will be getting a 'balanced flue' ('room sealed') boiler (i.e. the question you should have been asked before people started 'worrying' you!)?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Just to clear up the distraction which has arisen, do I take it that you will be getting a 'balanced flue' ('room sealed') boiler (i.e. the question you should have been asked before people started 'worrying' you!)?

Kind Regards, John

Prosecution barrister will see straight through that, why have you changed your stance. hahaha

Yes, will be balanced flue. (I thought that was standard for modern domestic condensing boilers?)

Sponsored Links
Prosecution barrister will see straight through that, why have you changed your stance. hahaha
Don't usually bother feeding trolls but why did you delete your original Danger post? Under some circs your warning would be valid, why not leave it up?

Don't usually bother feeding trolls but why did you delete your original Danger post? Under some circs your warning would be valid, why not leave it up?
Us mere forum members cannot 'completely delete' one of our own posts in that way (the most we can do is to delete its contents, and replace them by a single character) - it therefore must have been the mods who deleted it (or, at least, made it invisible to us).

As for 'why', one might suspect that it was felt that, without a qualification (i.e. an indication of the {uncommon} circumstances under which it would be valid) the warning was potentially misleading to anyone who might read it. However, they may have had other reasons ...
======
There are simple rules for boilers in bathrooms which makes them not "dangerous". Yes the troll was misleading.
======
Mod. (Gas qualified).
======

... by the way, it's not just that one post of his in this thread that has 'gone' - a number of others of his in this thread have also 'totally disappeared'.

Kind Regards, John

Last edited by a moderator:
(I thought that [ a balanced flue ] was standard for modern domestic condensing boilers?)

There are a few exceptions, mainly for Listed Builidings where pipe runs ( gas, condensate and flue ) would have to be sympathetic to the structure and/or appearance of the building.

I plan to have my trusted heating Engineer also project manage the bathroom fit-out and fit the new boiler. (He does both regularly).

Thanks,
Ian
This is something that often puzzles me, why people come on to a DIY forum rather than ask the advice of the professional they plan to have do the work.
No insult intended.

I have thought that before but it could be that sometimes you think of something at 9.00 in the evening or 6.00 in the morning and out of curiosity want to know there and then instead of waiting or bothering your tradesman at that time or even that you want to get a rough idea or someone else’s point of view so that you don’t sound a complete numpty when you are talking to them.

Seen plenty of posts where someone says I’m thinking of getting a professional to do this and they get replies saying why not get it done this way etc. Sometimes a pro may just take you at your word and do what you ask instead of suggesting alternatives.

This is something that often puzzles me, why people come on to a DIY forum rather than ask the advice of the professional they plan to have do the work.
No insult intended.

That's not quite the case though. People ask here on the forum as well as asking the professional. Absolutely nothing up with getting a bit of advice or information from others.

This is something that often puzzles me, why people come on to a DIY forum rather than ask the advice of the professional they plan to have do the work

Maybe they are looking for a second opinion due to a concern that the professional is only offering his or her "favourite" brand of boiler.

To Bernard & cwhaley, the puzzle I have with it is the fact that any professional, who they say they planned to employ all along, would see the whole picture on site & have all the relevant information needed not just the info. any op posts, so without specific information given in the post then specific answers cannot be given, no matter how well meaning & in the worse case then advice given might be misleading.
Not to mention the arguments it causes on here;)

....the puzzle I have with it is the fact that any professional, who they say they planned to employ all along, would see the whole picture on site & have all the relevant information needed not just the info. any op posts, so without specific information given in the post then specific answers cannot be given, no matter how well meaning & in the worse case then advice given might be misleading.
Indeed.

However, it seems that many people come here for opinions and ideas before or after they have allegedly sought the advice of an on-site profession. Whilst there are undoubtedly some who are not being truthful about employing a professional, I imagine that most probably are.

I can but presume that this arises because, rightly or wrongly, the people in question do not feel that they can necessarily fully trust a professional to give correct advice and/or for that professional to consider (and discuss/offer) all possible options, particularly in situations where 'opinions differ' (e.g. about interpretation of regulations, choice of products etc.) - and therefore, as has been said, are seeking 'second' (and more) opinions.

I have to say that, in the world in general, I personally do always attempt to acquaint myself with the range of options etc. to be considered/discussed (and, where possible, some of the pros/cons etc.) before seeking any sort of professional advice - and, although only one of the methods avail;able to me (and a method which has to be treated with considerable caution!) asking questions in on-line forums etc. is one possible part of such 'research' activities.

Kind Regards, John

I guess it is just my way of thinking that the professional should be the first port of call:)

I guess it is just my way of thinking that the professional should be the first port of call:)
That's one way of thinking - and if all professionals were 'perfect' (particularly in terms of presenting and discussing all possible options/alternatives) then I suppose it would be the best way. However, in the real (not necessarily perfect) world, it can be advantageous to 'call at the professional's port' after one has canvassed other opinions and determined the range of options/alternatives which ought to be presented and discussed - particularly if one is dealing with 'expensive professionals' (like lawyers!).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back