Placing boiler in bathroom?

For me it's a very different experience having the conversation with the professional if I've already had a conversation with a few other people (on here) who know something about the subject, idea and possible pitfalls or ways of doing it.
I'm less likely to make absolutely stupid requests or suggestions, and I'll be in a better position to understand what the professional is telling me. I'm also less likely to get overwhelmed by trying to take on a lot of information at once whilst also likely being asked for a decision.

Sponsored Links
Yes, don't worry about it.

When told by an electrician that in order to have a washing machine in the bathroom you must have a new consumer unit, you will know that is not true either.

For me it's a very different experience having the conversation with the professional if I've already had a conversation with a few other people (on here) who know something about the subject, idea and possible pitfalls or ways of doing it.
I'm less likely to make absolutely stupid requests or suggestions, and I'll be in a better position to understand what the professional is telling me. I'm also less likely to get overwhelmed by trying to take on a lot of information at once whilst also likely being asked for a decision.
And there is also the case that a significant number of professionals, whilst they might be fully competent and skilled, and will do a good job at a fair price, tend to do things one way because they always do them that way because that's the way those things are always done.

Sponsored Links
OP here .... I've been using the same heating engineer / plumber since moving in to this property 4 years ago. Just after moving in, I had a complete new pressurized HW system fitted, replacing lead pipe, and a lot of radiators replaced. This was the first time I used this engineer (via a recommendation), and found him to be very knowledgeable, easy to work with, and (from my DIY pov) does good work. He's been back a bunch of time for smaller bits of work.

The layout of the water pipes is a mess, so part of the bathroom work is to rationalize it. That includes working out were to run new pipework, and knowing if the boiler is allowed in the bathroom impacts this (as I'd need room for flow and return to the boiler).

Thanks,
Ian

And there is also the case that a significant number of professionals, whilst they might be fully competent and skilled, and will do a good job at a fair price, tend to do things one way because they always do them that way because that's the way those things are always done.
When I was getting three quotes for my boiler replacement, one of the professionals quoted for a condensate pump. The other two didn’t as it wasn’t needed. Now, whilst a condensate pump would have undoubtedly worked, it was an unnecessary expense that would have had the possibility to go wrong. That’s the sort of professional advice I can do without.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back