Planning Kitchen Wall Electrics - Is This Good? [PIC]

Is the back (front) door next to the sink unit?

That fresh plaster to the RHS of the gas meter - is that a cable chase? If so, is it in a safe zone?

Back door.

No it's from where I removed the old wall dividing the 2 rooms.

Sponsored Links
It's the ring from my other thread that I extended! You suggested adding a leg to the new washing machine socket as opposed to a JB which I did. Now you see one leg in the top right, then another leg in the top left (going to the kettle socket). Connecting another leg between them completes the ring.
Ah - I hadn't made the connection

The salesperson at John Lewis said the oven should be hard wired and the hob can be 3-pin plugged into the same 32A cooker circuit.
He's probably got those the wrong way round.

Gas meter most probably be raised a bit
I doubt you'll get even that done for £200.

OK I'm back with an updated design lol

LnYcVwm.jpg

Really want to cut the chases in tomorrow as I don't want to dusty up the room after the tiles have been fitted.

I've been told by my gasman that a gas hob will require a socket (for protection as well as ignition) so decided on adding 2 at the floor level.

Is this looking good? Also the bottom right socket is technically a spur off a spur, correct? So it needs to be fused? Or can I just leave it as a fused connection unit with a flex hole in the front and hope to wire in the gas hob flex through that? Don't really wanna have to add an FCU AND a socket.

Oh and the other plug socket on the bottom left is potentially for plinth ambient lighting. I found out I don't need to hard wire a switch as most of them are remote controlled!

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Why would you plaster before your complete the 1st fix electics ?:confused:

DS

Yes but it looks like the CCU is directly above the hob or is everything to the left?

No. Not if it is the only one.

1st spur is the double socket, 2nd spur is the single socket at the bottom. CCU is to the left of the hob.

Why would you plaster before your complete the 1st fix electics ?:confused:

DS

That was my first ever plastering attempt and I was proper psyched after watching hours of YT videos on it. Decided to try on a wall that was eventually going to be hidden and it's come out alright.

Well done, it does look OK (y) If your wiring skills are as good :LOL:……well soon see !

DS

If you don't hear anything from me it means there was an explosion!

I would ditch the electric hob as you have easy access to fit a supply pipe for a gas one. They are much easier to control and the fuel is way cheaper.

Cobblers. Show me a gas hob that is as controllable/usable/safe (I.e. Has a timer, auto boil and simmer functions, accidental activation protection, max run time, power consumption monitor) and is as easy to clean as an induction hob...

Gas is caveman compared to induction, and the sooner it goes away the better

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back