Pls id my render?! Render before bifold instal??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
A couple of questions that I hope you can answer please.
5 years ago ( before I owned it) my house was rendered with a bobbly cream substance, which when peeled off seems to be almost rubber on its back - it was sprayed on by a company aparantly. Any idea what this might be please, as I am building an extension and need to match it up!
2) the extension is including two large sets of aluminium bifold doors. I was wondering if you render before or after installing the doors?
Thanks for taking pity on my lack of diy knowledge!!
Spike.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, it does look like its the same or very similar stuff! Really appreciate your reply.
Just got to find someone who does this near Oxford/Aylesbury now.
I wasn't sure if fitted bifolds before or after rendering as "bloke in the pub" totally confused me!

Fit doors first, mask them while rendering so you get nice straight lines. Not sure about this one but glass can be attacked by the alkaline content of renders, so cover them 100%.
Frank

Sponsored Links
Thanks, it does look like its the same or very similar stuff! Really appreciate your reply.
Just got to find someone who does this near Oxford/Aylesbury now.
I wasn't sure if fitted bifolds before or after rendering as "bloke in the pub" totally confused me!
Then probably k-rend or monocouche
How big is the job, I could put you on to a guy who did a great job for us last year in Oxford. He wasn't the cheapest but he is very good. PM me if you like.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back