Plug socket replacement gone wrong (help?!)

Top and bottom....? Old skool?
Unswitched single sockets tended to be top and bottom and the box knockout convention seems to have carried on for some reason.

Them cables to me look like single solid core,
Unsure what others here feel, but I would advise not to twist them, despite two posters here advising you to twist there

mk_single_socket_unswitched_alt_fixing.jpg

PICTURE NICKED FROM FLAMEPORT :)

Sponsored Links
Is it buggery.

At worst it's a 25mm deep box, set about 10mm back from the wall finish, so probably around 35mm deep in total.

The top and bottom lugs are in the way.
Looked like a 16 to me with 10mm of skim, yes fine with gear of yesteryear but modern stuff seems to be much deeper. Fair point re the lugs though :)

Unswitched single sockets tended to be top and bottom and the box knockout convention seems to have carried on for some reason.

Them cables to me look like single solid core,
Unsure what others here feel, but I would advise not to twist them, despite two posters here advising you to twist there
:)
They looked stranded on my phone, not so sure on the big screen. OP- if they are single solid core don't twist them, you'll probably snap them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back