Plumber struggling with vr66 install vaillant

I am NOT installing my self. My boilerman came to commission the thermostat. And used my sparky to help set it up. Today he set it up and I realised the hot water element is not working.

It's a new boiler and I am keen to guide him.

Sponsored Links
During install he was on phone to variance advance line

Attachments

• IMG_7941.JPG
    IMG_7941.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 472
I am NOT installing my self. My boilerman came to commission the thermostat. And used my sparky to help set it up. Today he set it up and I realised the hot water element is not working.

It's a new boiler and I am keen to guide him.

Advise them both to do one, and employ people that have half a clue ?

Sponsored Links
During install he was on phone to variance advance line
:rolleyes:
Do your installers know what a 4 pipe system is?
I have just had a browse through the manual, looks descent kit (even if they did copy it from viessmann :whistle:)
I sespect you've bought high end kit and got muppets fitting it.

I'm not even gonna mention the quality of work.

Well it's A+++ rating. He was valuable advance. Ok what now:( bit fearful about having to change something

What are you paying for this job?
Supply and fit or did you buy the stuff from mr central heating ;)

Zone valves are not required (as far as I am tell) I've installed hundreds of 4 pipe systems but not from Vaillant.

I suspect the boiler has not been set/commissioned properly.
Probably (I couldn't be sure) but the boiler doesn't know that it has a cylinder connected to it;)

The zone valves I don't think are required but they are not causing the problem.

5 bedroom house. I supplied boiler, zone valves cylinder and thermostat and rads and valves. He provided copper (800) on a full house replumb.

Labour was 1650

I actually thought he pipe work was very neat.

But then again I'm not a plumber . So your basically saying he introduced extra pipe work when it isn't needed?

I actually thought he pipe work was very neat.

But then again I'm not a plumber . So your basically saying he introduced extra pipe work when it isn't needed?
No!
All the pipework is needed it's the valves I don't think are needed.
I believe the problem is what the the boiler "knows" these things go far beyond hot or not.

The pipe works not awful, but with that amount of space available could definitely have been neater

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back