Plumber struggling with vr66 install vaillant

Zone valves don't have a "setting"

So u have heating but no hot water is that correct?

Sponsored Links
Yes the heating is controlled by the thermostat. It works. The hot water don't.

There is a auto and manual setting on the zone valve. He text me the following

"Check hot water zone valve is manually open if it's closed boiler cannot push water in to tank".

There is a auto and manual setting on the zone valve. He text me the following

"Check hot water zone valve is manually open if it's closed boiler cannot push water in to tank".
The vr66 should open that valve.
But feel free to open it.

If the valves have to be manually opened does that not prove they are not required. Or not wired correctly

Ps leave your plumber alone it's Sunday evening.
I'm sure he will sort it tomorrow.

The vr66 should open that valve.
But feel free to open it.

If the valves have to be manually opened does that not prove they are not required. Or not wired correctly

Ps leave your plumber alone it's Sunday evening.
I'm sure he will sort it tomorrow.
He actuallly appreciates I helped him wire it.

And for the record the vr65 has a better manual than the vr66. Here is a wiring diagram.

Also vaillant advance support confirmed. Polarity doesn't matter in ebus.

Really appreciates everyone's help on this.

Attachments

• IMG_8621.PNG
    IMG_8621.PNG
    244.5 KB · Views: 1,256
Sponsored Links
The boiler/system setup. Doesn't know it needs to open that valve.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/attachments/img_8618-jpg.116661/

Where is the cylinder stat connected to? The white connection looks like wires are missing.

Can these installers tie their shoelaces correctly? It is a fecking mess - polarity reversed, wires missing, cables all over the place. I haven't looked at the recent manuals for this kit, but really it is wiring by numbers - as I said earlier, my wife could do a better job and get it working first time. The Bunny manuals are a mess, but their connection blocks are crystal clear FFS...

I still don't believe there is a professional involved here - I am not even sure that one of those superfluous valves are the right way round anyway (need to read the 4 pipe manual at some point soon).

Last edited:
HW MV has been installed the wrong way for a start.....wait for thud when it closes...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Does it really need an external HW motor valve?

Why is that function not contained within the boiler?

The Unistor is an unvented cylinder so I guess it needs its own motorised valve as part of the safety chain.

Also vaillant advance support confirmed. Polarity doesn't matter in ebus.

Could you get that cofirmation in writing ?. If Vaillant are using standard ebus physical layer then polarity does matter and there should a fault code for cross polarity on the ebus. A typical ebus to micro-processor interface for data ( receive / transmit ) and power for the device ( 5 volt from IC3 )
e-bus interface.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back