Plumbing waste kitchen sink help

Sponsored Links
The key part is whether that 90 deg connection can be taken off the sink waste. If so then an standard P/Bottle trap could be used. Otherwise you want to replace that waste with a a new strainer waste and then fit a normal trap

As the have said though that outlet through the wall is way too high and should really be cut lower down, is it a really deep sink compared to the previous?

The key part is whether that 90 deg connection can be taken off the sink waste. If so then an standard P/Bottle trap could be used. Otherwise you want to replace that waste with a a new strainer waste and then fit a normal trap

As the have said though that outlet through the wall is way too high and should really be cut lower down, is it a really deep sink compared to the previous?
The sink waste pipe completely comes out from the wall :eek: we were just using the 90 deg part as we had nothing that fit the waste pipe.

Would we be able to connect a standard p/bottle trap to the waste pipe? And can we get that from screwfix or Toolstation?

No, I mean the white plastic waste that's actually fitted to the sink, the piece with the overflow - that's the part that's actually call the sink waste - if you can remove the part that's connected to that, it's the plastic that turns sharp right and is then connected to the rest of the pipe before the trap.

You will then be able to see if a standard 1 1/2" trap will fit the sink.

Sponsored Links
No, I mean the white plastic waste that's actually fitted to the sink, the piece with the overflow - that's the part that's actually call the sink waste - if you can remove the part that's connected to that, it's the plastic that turns sharp right and is then connected to the rest of the pipe before the trap.

You will then be able to see if a standard 1 1/2" trap will fit the sink.

I did have a look at it and couldn't unscrew it that bit was already attached and we just screwed it in place. What would be easier buying a replacement sink waste (new plug?)

Yes, that would certainly give you a better start underneath and then you could use a normal appliance trap. You just need to check that the overflow pipe will fit any new waste you buy.

Yes, that would certainly give you a better start underneath and then you could use a normal appliance trap. You just need to check that the overflow pipe will fit any new waste you buy.

I take it there all different sizes?

Dads messaged hes put 4 buckets of water down the sink and its all flowing fine if worst comes to worst (hes sick of messing with it) could we get buy with how it is?

The whole chebang will be full of water up to the level where it goes out of the wall. Can't predict what will happen long term.

That's the issue, as @dal5band mentions, that whole waste run will constantly be full of water rather than just the water seal in the trap. In short the waste pipe seals are not really designed to hold water like that, who knows what may happen in the future.

It may be ok, it may not but of course that's your dads call.

That's the issue, as @dal5band mentions, that whole waste run will constantly be full of water rather than just the water seal in the trap. In short the waste pipe seals are not really designed to hold water like that, who knows what may happen in the future.

It may be ok, it may not but of course that's your dads call.

I take it this is what im looking for?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/stainless-steel-strainer-waste-1-2-bowl-90mm/7883k

https://www.screwfix.com/p/stainless-steel-strainer-waste-1-bowl-90mm/9411k

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-adjustable-inlet-tubular-p-trap-white-32mm/89677

If you're using the P trap, you won't need the waterless trap too or vice versa.That being said I don't like using waterless traps horizontally, longer term they can sludge up unless cleaned regularly

If you're using the P trap, you won't need the waterless trap too.
Yep just bought it to have options we still couldn't sort it and have given up and reverted to the mess it was :rolleyes: the waste pipe needs to be removed we can't figure out how to get the pipes to it.

We've bought so many bits :confused: some attach some don't it's got confusing now

Don't suppose you know the size drill piece we'd need is he wakes up and it's flooded in the morning :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back