Plymouth Rock

Just over 8 inches, I could probably spot that. I could certainly spot the 400 feet sea level rise that's occurred in the last 20,000 years.
I hasn't been steady rise, most of it happened thousands of years ago. It is starting to accelerate again.

Sponsored Links
Flooding from rainfall isn't directly related to sea level by the way. Although I'd have thought that was obvious.

Sponsored Links
Spaghetti muncher here.
Don't be fooled by the media boll@x about Italy floods.
They're not the result of rising sea level, in fact, I can guarantee sea level has been stable for past 70 odd years at least.
I have fished above and below water and the same level is there.
I take reference of certain weird shaped rocks and the water level is the same.
Floods are due to river beds being diverted and new courses not being maintained.
Nothing more.
I’m sort of thinking that too.

I just can’t see this massive climate issue as being anywhere near the level it’s being pushed at.

All the usual suspects flying all over the world in private jets, banging on about carbon usage. When they use more in a month than we ever will.

Move over to the weather and it’s all a “climate” issue.

Temperatures rise and temperatures fall.

To the best of my knowledge, Harlech Castle hasn't been moved.
Fascinating place. There are well documented building cost schedules and the time taken to build it (rapid). Because it is in ruins, but well preserved (largely bereft of timber elements), you are able to clearly see some of the building techniques regards floors, fireplaces, stairs etc. I enjoyed my day there.
I think the changes in the coastline around Harlech are more to do with the land than the sea. Great golf course too, which would have been underwater at one point in history.

Temperatures rise and temperatures fall.
There are differing views but not amongst climate scientists. The evidence is pretty clear that humans are affecting the climate.

No one will ever live long enough, to notice a rise in sea levels, to tie it down to one place is nonsensical.

By the way, the water level has always risen to the same level on my boat for years, so no change then.........;);)

Fascinating place. There are well documented building cost schedules and the time taken to build it (rapid). Because it is in ruins, but well preserved (largely bereft of timber elements), you are able to clearly see some of the building techniques regards floors, fireplaces, stairs etc. I enjoyed my day there.
I think the changes in the coastline around Harlech are more to do with the land than the sea. Great golf course too, which would have been underwater at one point in history.

And Portmeirion just down the road was always worth a visit. Love that part of the world.

There are differing views but not amongst climate scientists. The evidence is pretty clear that humans are affecting the climate.
Or indirectly cows as stated by BG. They create a massive methane issue “apparently”

Stop flying and eat more vegetables

Or indirectly cows as stated by BG. They create a massive methane issue “apparently”

Stop flying and eat more vegetables
I don't think there are easy answers, if there are any options left that is.

Sponsored Links
Back