Poland

Sponsored Links
I'm half Greek Cypriot EFL, and most of my relatives came here in the 50s and 60s; TB let in the Romanians etc.

And it's not a raise the drawbridge scenario either, it's that those who've already settled here, and so consider this their adopted country, also recognise the damage that uncontrolled migration is causing. Why is it that some people seem obsessed with accusing the Brexiteers of not liking foreigners, just because we want "controlled" immigration; it does make you wonder if their arguments are just weak, or they can't understand the issues.

I'm half Greek Cypriot EFL, and most of my relatives came here in the 50s and 60s; TB let in the Romanians etc.
Ok. That sounds ominous. Is there a difference?
Romanians etc. presumably includes Poles, Czechs, Hungarians, Slovaks, Slovenians, Croatians, Serbs, Boznians, and Bulgarians.
Why do you consider your family coming before the Common Market different?

And it's not a raise the drawbridge scenario either, it's that those who've already settled here, and so consider this their adopted country, also recognise the damage that uncontrolled migration is causing.
Has there been damage? Might they not settle in the same way?

Why is it that some people seem obsessed with accusing the Brexiteers of not liking foreigners,
...because that is the truth.
I know you say that's not you (I accept that) and it's not the people who say the same on Question Time but it is a lot of people.
I presume it was not you nor the ones on Question Time who attacked and abused Poles etc. after the referendum.

just because we want "controlled" immigration; it does make you wonder if their arguments are just weak, or they can't understand the issues.
As has been said many times - and I thought you accepted yesterday - it is not the fault of the EU but, as you say, the British Governments for not controlling it - Labour for one reason, apparently from links yesterday, and Conservatives for a different one.

What if they still don't control it?

I presume it was not you nor the ones on Question Time who attacked and abused Poles etc
But it was a Pole that attacked a 15 year boy in Perth that Johnnyboy never mentioned. And there have been numerous attacks made on Brits by Eastern Europeans in Wisbech(my nearest town). Still that's a price the remoaners are prepared to pay................................so long as they are safely out of the way.

edit:But it was a Pole that attacked a 15 year boy in Perth that Johnnyboy never mentioned. I might be doing johnny a disservice as I can't find that story now.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
But it was a Pole that attacked a 15 year boy in Perth that Johnnyboy never mentioned.
It was a Scot who shot kids in a school nearby.

And there have been numerous attacks made on Brits by Eastern Europeans in Wisbech(my nearest town). Still that's a price the remoaners are prepared to pay................................
Have they been deported?

so long as they are safely out of the way.
There are thousands of foreigners here.

Is anyone suggesting Britain lets in no one and would be happy that Brits were not allowed to go anywhere?

If not, what exactly does anyone propose?

Weren't the 7/7 bombers from Bradford? Should all people from Yorkshire be banned from travelling south?

Cyprus was made up of both Greeks and Turks, hence Greek and Turkish Cypriots, but the immigrants coming from Africa go to Greece, as it's part of the mainland.

Has there been damage? Might they not settle in the same way

My God EFL, you've been part of these discussion for the last year or so. Damage to this country, lets see, population explosion, house building not being able to keep up with the increased numbers, pressure on services, hospitals and schools due to the increased numbers, as well as pushing up rents, wages depressed for the lower paid groups because there was too many people chasing too few jobs.

because that is the truth.

No it's not the truth, it's just a truth that JohnD puts out because he can't refute most of the Brexiteers arguments. Of course there are people who don't like foreigners, and they exist in all parts of the world, and unfortunately, a lot of them came out of the woodwork after Brexit, but the minority shouldn't be used as an excuse to blame the majority.

I think that you should only be allowed entry if you have a job offer, or have an interview lined up, yet because of EU rules, anyone from an EU country can come through customs unhindered. Take out the people here just looking for jobs, those selling the big issue and claiming in work benefits, the roma community that class themselves as persecuted (which they are because of the way they carry on) and getting benefits galore, and we'd have a bit of breathing space, and wages would really start to rise for the less well off.

What if they still don't control it

We have a window of opportunity to try and sort out the number of people that this small island can handle, but if we don't do it in the next 5 years, then I can see a real explosion between some of the different communities in this country. The governments got to help councils build more houses (rather than leaving it to the builders) and they've got to beef up the immigration department to deport the illegals, and the courts have got to stop acting like EU judges, and allowing anyone and everyone to stay here.

But I suspect they'll fluff it as usual.

It was a Scot who shot kids in a school nearby.

Hamilton was Born here so was our problem from the start not some murderer that was dumped on us.

Have they been deported?

We have just had another EE jailed for life for kicking his girlfriend to death in the town. He won't be deported for some years.

Weren't the 7/7 bombers from Bradford? Should all people from Yorkshire be banned from travelling south?

They were.
They should build a wall around Bradford.

And deportation isn't the answer they should stop the crooks coming in.

There are thousands of foreigners here.

You must have left sometime ago as there are millions here.

I think that you should only be allowed entry if you have a job offer, or have an interview lined up,
That is the case here, or if you can support yourself.
Portugal is a member of the EU so if they can do it then so could Britain.

yet because of EU rules, anyone from an EU country can come through customs unhindered.
Because Britain lets that happen.

Take out the people here just looking for jobs, those selling the big issue and claiming in work benefits, the roma community that class themselves as persecuted (which they are because of the way they carry on) and getting benefits galore, and we'd have a bit of breathing space, and wages would really start to rise for the less well off.
Then get the Government to use the means at their disposal.

I think it is clear that you are against the EU because the British Governments have allowed those things to happen.
You hope it will stop after Brexit. We will have to wait and see.

Hamilton was Born here so was our problem from the start not some murderer that was dumped on us.
Yes that is true - so do you propose stopping ALL immigration because we don't know which ones are not going to be ideal citizens.

We have just had another EE jailed for life for kicking his girlfriend to death in the town. He won't be deported for some years.
Ok.

And deportation isn't the answer they should stop the crooks coming in.
How? By stopping everyone? Is that possible?

You must have left sometime ago as there are millions here.
I did just mean in the town.
Actually there are ten million - and forty six million Spanish nearby - then there's France.

Forgot this bit -

My God EFL, you've been part of these discussion for the last year or so. Damage to this country, lets see, population explosion, house building not being able to keep up with the increased numbers, pressure on services, hospitals and schools due to the increased numbers, Those things as well as pushing up rents, wages depressed for the lower paid groups because there was too many people chasing too few jobs.
Were/are all those things not Government policy?

I'm not interested in stopping everyone fro mcoming here just the drunken bums, the crooks, rapists and murderers and those who would harm us.

We used to have passport checks before we could get back home if we went abroad. I don't suppose we could do that again and apply the same rules to johnnie's?

And as Europol have the goods on every european national roaming around europe I don't suppose we could use that database to find out if someone is who they say they are. That they're not on the run from the law or have just been released from jail.

Were/are all those things not Government policy?

No, none of them were government policy, but they were the result of Labours lax immigration policy when the Balkan countries were allowed in. The Government is now trying to catch up with the results of that failed ideological idea. There is an argument that Brexit was voted for, not because of the EU's ever increasing control issues, but because Labour created a scenario that neither they nor the conservatives had the ability to deal with effectively.

No, none of them were government policy, but they were the result of Labours lax immigration policy when the Balkan countries were allowed in.
So not Government policy but Government lax immigration policy.

The Government is now trying to catch up with the results of that failed ideological idea. There is an argument that Brexit was voted for, not because of the EU's ever increasing control issues, but because Labour created a scenario that neither they nor the conservatives had the ability to deal with effectively.
So, brexit was not because people wanted to leave the EU - but a vote against the last Labour Government.

Curiouser and curiouser.

like the Irish?
Vinty wears black-tinted glasses so he can view all foreigners with hatred, and invent a future of his own imaginings.
You are starting to sound deranged mate, where is the connection between the desire to in live in a sovereign state free from outside interference by the EU and a hatred of foreigners.
The UK has already lost a substantial amount of its sovereignty since joining the the European project under Ted Heath.
Can a country which has lost control of its borders still be considered sovereign?go into any jobcentre and have a read of the advice leaflets for EU nationals coming into the UK ,they state clearly that the legal position of incoming EU nationals is that under EU freedom of movement laws the UK government cannot restrict the right of entry and settlement by legitimate EU nationals and their families.

Sponsored Links
Back