Police

Do you speak for the public?
How would you like to do a coppers job?

I did consider it once being ex service 6 yrs in the Army but I had another job to go into but many of my ex army colleagues joined the Police.

Sponsored Links
Once again, this thread has descended into a slanging match, so I'll try to bring it back into focus.

There is, I believe, a simple means to determine how well the police are regarded by the public. Whenever someone asks for their help, or reports a crime, that person should be sent a form (or e-mailed) on which they could provide a report of their opinion of how well their problem has been dealt with. Obviously, they would have to provide details of their identity in order to ensure it is just complainers having a gripe about the police.

Perhaps then we would discover the truth.

THEY THINK THEIR TIME IS TOO IMPORTANT TO WASTE ON ANYBODY ELSE.

Nope, they think the important time that could be better spent on REAL CRIME is wasted on YOU.

Oh give it a rest you are actually beginning to believe yourself.

Yep all the stones off my roof stole themselves and the bouncers werent attacking myself and my friends and many other reports they have had over the years , break ins , criminal damage and so on weren't actually crimes either were they?

but how many did they ever actually solve or get involved in? How about zilch....

How about the time the milkman found travellers stealing yorkshire stone from my mill? The van they were loading up was reported to the police and stopped five minutes down the road. So the travellers told the police they had got the stone elsewhere and they were allowed to drive off.

Absolutely shocking inneptitude but hey the Police are wonderful according to you... a copper....lol well what else would you say?

Just face facts the public think you are rubbish now.

Absolute rubbish :LOL: :LOL:

So you found a phone at the scene of a crime, belonging to someone who you could have stolen your 'stones'...........and the police just handed it back to them?????

The also stopped a van full of stone that was reported stolen....and just let them go? stop being silly :LOL: :LOL: or at least give the full facts.

Sponsored Links
Absolute rubbish :LOL: :LOL:

So you found a phone at the scene of a crime, belonging to someone who you could have stolen your 'stones'...........and the police just handed it back to them?????

The also stopped a van full of stone that was reported stolen....and just let them go? stop being silly :LOL: :LOL: or at least give the full facts.

Those are the facts it could not be any plainer.
and no I could not be any more surprised by their inneptitude either.
The roof where the stone was stolen from had a valley gutter in it and when I got a ladder and climbed up to inspect the damage I found the phone in the gutter. In all probability it could only have got there by falling out of the pocket of the person on the roof lifting the stones and passing them to his probable accomlices unless he was working alone. There were phone calls logged right up to 10pm by the phone owner on the night of the theft so the phone had not been there for some time but had appeared at the time of the theft.
I could not have expected to find a better link to the thieves if I had tried but instead when I contacted the Officer who i had given the phone to he said that someone had been to claim the phone and it had been handed to them!!!! Yes that's correct and no I did not believe it either. But het last magic bean says I waste police time and you only want to be involved with real crime...hmmmm

In the case of the milkman who saw the thieves stealing stone and reported the van and it being stopped 5 minutes up the road full of stones...
Apparently the Police were told that they had got the stone from a stone sales yard. The police believing they could not identify the origin of the stone simply let them go. This was 6am in the morning. When the stone yard they had mentioned opened at 8am I rang them and the owner there confirmed he had NOT suppied any stone to the people concerned.
Why did the police not do that simple check? Useless.

I see that WPC Jones is suing her force who have accepted liability for her skidding off the road in a Panda car. I wonder why the force accepted liability - because she hadn't had proper driver training or the police car had illegal bald tyres?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-999-collect-sues-force-prang-panda-car.html

We already had the debacle of watching children drown due to health and safety to be honest the Police will NEVER recover from that in my eyes but now more bullcrap.

Just admit it you are no longer fit for purpose and a complete waste of money.

Once again, this thread has descended into a slanging match, so I'll try to bring it back into focus.

There is, I believe, a simple means to determine how well the police are regarded by the public. Whenever someone asks for their help, or reports a crime, that person should be sent a form (or e-mailed) on which they could provide a report of their opinion of how well their problem has been dealt with. Obviously, they would have to provide details of their identity in order to ensure it is just complainers having a gripe about the police.

Perhaps then we would discover the truth.

This is something I would go along with but sadly it will never happen.

I once grappled with a car thief at 2am in a rural village on the ground for 40 minutes until the police arrived. I was recommended by the police for a citizens bravery award. I declined the nomination because my wife was worried our names in the paper might spark reprisals from his accomplices.
I said all I want to know is what happens to the thief so I know that all my efforts and risks were not for nothing . . . They never got back to me. For all I know I risked being stabbed and the guy was simply set free or not charged.

This is the level of communication you get.

..............t a form (or e-mailed) on which they could provide a report of their opinion of how well their problem has been dealt with. Obviously, they would have to provide details of their identity in order to ensure it is just complainers having a gripe about the police

There's no way I'd have my name/address on a police database by choice. They think themselves above the law when it comes to data-protection and privacy and who knows where my personal private details might end up being used.

The police couldn't solve a crime even if they were there at the scene and saw it happening.
Police these days rely on the public solving it for them - and then they turn up to get a pat on the shoulder, a blue peter badge and a 'good boy/girl' stamp on their police CV .
These days the public can not rely on the police at all. They are totally useless as has been proven many many times .

Of course they didn't catch Philpott's and his cohorts either.

Dont be stupid-- A blind man could see it was philpott all along. A scrote like that should have been locked up several years sooner and the keys thrown away.
The police just happened to take their time to bring the scrote to justice .
No point rushing matters when all that overtime was available huh ?.

..............t a form (or e-mailed) on which they could provide a report of their opinion of how well their problem has been dealt with. Obviously, they would have to provide details of their identity in order to ensure it is just complainers having a gripe about the police

There's no way I'd have my name/address on a police database by choice. They think themselves above the law when it comes to data-protection and privacy and who knows where my personal private details might end up being used.

Very true. And we all know just how many police people access the data base for their own personal reasons --and not all of them get sussed .

Sponsored Links
Back