Police

Sponsored Links
Indeed. And my personal feeling is that this 'anti-racism' law and its vigorous application by the police has done nothing to reduce racist feelings. In fact, it may well have exacerbated the problem.

Who's fault's that then???

The government and the do-gooders in equal measure.

The do-gooders for pushing for it; the government for listening to them.

A police officer is suing a petrol station owner after apparently tripping on a kerb on his property when called to reports of a break-in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-21987343[/QUOTE]

Perfect example of where the Polices 'attitude' comes from - it comes from 'within'.
To be fair I would not have expected that obese woman to have managed to walk over a kerb without tripping anyway so why the hell she was employed to chase criminals god knows.

I gave up on sensible equality decisions when the 12ft wall we used to scale in army training was reduced to 9ft under health and safety and sex discrimination advice.
I thought then how stupid it was. Oh dear enemy don't put big obstacles in our way or we might struggle...

Now we have Police officers tripping over obstacles everyone else in the country can manage to avoid quite happily. Or at least funny thing is after 30 years of using jetwashes I haven't tripped up once yet. God help her if she had the hosepipe in her hand or god forbid the scary brush!

If this stupid woman in successful in her claim, I expect the police will be instructed not to leave their stations under any circumstances in case they should trip over a kerb.

Sponsored Links
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-shop-owner-falling-drain-burglary-out.html

Oh dear oh dear.

Maybe if he had been quick enough he could have tazered the drain cover and pepper sprayed it before calling for assistance to read the drain cover its rights and take it into custody.

Or alternatively he could have just stopped being a useless waste of space who just backs up the publics correct opinion that the police are actually s***te and useless.

Well if you are ever assaulted, burgled etc.......dont waste their time by calling them.

But you will wont you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-shop-owner-falling-drain-burglary-out.html

Oh dear oh dear.

Maybe if he had been quick enough he could have tazered the drain cover and pepper sprayed it before calling for assistance to read the drain cover its rights and take it into custody.

Or alternatively he could have just stopped being a useless waste of space who just backs up the publics correct opinion that the police are actually s***te and useless.

Well if you are ever assaulted, burgled etc.......dont waste their time by calling them.

But you will wont you?

Of course I will call them I pay their/your wages!! . . . . but I seriously do not expect them/you to do anything at all useful to help and I definately would not expect any follow up or a decent result but then I only have over 40 years of bad , slack , rude , innappropriate experience to draw on.

I'm worried.

If I should ever feel the need to call on the police because we have an intruder armed with a knife, I now realise that I'm going to have to go first to make sure the police (if and when they do attend - they may well just give me a 'crime number') are not put in any danger.

I'm worried.

If I should ever feel the need to call on the police because we have an intruder armed with a knife, I now realise that I'm going to have to go first to make sure the police (if and when they do attend - they may well just give me a 'crime number') are not put in any danger.

Some people are just deluded

My local force has approx 2000 officers, working a rota system, plus about 200 Community Support Officers.

The force handles approx 65'000 reported crimes per year, 130'000 emergency calls, 350'000 non emrgency calls, 400'000 incidents. Polices an area with more than 1 million people. Over 900 sq mile area and over 200 miles of motorway.

I have no idea how people expect the police to attend every reported crime :confused:

Then add on top of that the 2 hours of paperwork that the police do not like to be doing for every incident (some officers have left the force because they spend too much time writing reports and attending courts)

The police do a brilliant job considering the resoucres then have, blame the government and recent budget cuts.....even less officers and support staff this year :eek:

But if someone does break into your shed, do you expect the police to turn up straight away and dispatch every available officer? if you do.....you need to come back to reality!!!!

But if someone does break into your shed, do you expect the police to turn up straight away and dispatch every available officer?

I'd sooner call the fire brigade. At least they turn up.

The amusing thing is every time my nephew takes his quad bike out on the road, the police seem to appear out of no where.

I do understand what you say Snico, but can also relate to what Norcon has said. Perhaps the police should prioritise.

I suppose they are obliged to give priority to certain types of calls by our political masters. This is a ridiculous imposition, as is the reduction in manpower and unnecessary paperwork.

My comment about not attending, but giving a crime number instead, was said tongue in cheek. My comment about having to go in before the police for their protection was rather more serious. I do realise that two self-serving idiots do not an entire police force make. However, should either of them (and their 'no win - no fee' lawyers) meet with any success, I really will start to worry.

I feel it's high time we did something about these ambulance chasers.

I'm worried.

Some people are just deluded

My local force has approx 2000 officers, working a rota system, plus about 200 Community Support Officers.

The force handles approx 65'000 reported crimes per year, 130'000 emergency calls, 350'000 non emrgency calls, 400'000 incidents. Polices an area with more than 1 million people. Over 900 sq mile area and over 200 miles of motorway.

I have no idea how people expect the police to attend every reported crime :confused:

Then add on top of that the 2 hours of paperwork that the police do not like to be doing for every incident (some officers have left the force because they spend too much time writing reports and attending courts)

The police do a brilliant job considering the resoucres then have, blame the government and recent budget cuts.....even less officers and support staff this year :eek:

But if someone does break into your shed, do you expect the police to turn up straight away and dispatch every available officer? if you do.....you need to come back to reality!!!!

The remit of the police has become too diverse and complicated. The Police SHOULD be for fighting crime. They should not be for chaperones for social workers and health visitors. That should be given to security staff. They should not be for spending hours writing reports that should be for admin staff - They should not be for following directives and initiatives , they are not a political organisation. ALL Police should be hanging around ready to feel the collar of anyone commiting a crime. Except they should not be policing the internet , they should ignore race hate offences unless another crime has been commited ie an assault or damage to property or threats they should not be involved in simply refereeing slagging matches or mild insults.
The trouble is the police have realised how warm and cosy all the alternatives are to actually 'copping' crooks and how its much easier to feel the collar of some twerp making twitter comments than some hardened criminals with an iron bar or heavens forbid some gypsies or muslims. I would not brag about all the reported crimes you receive because I can say from my experience you dont follow up half the calls you get anyway.
Your PCSOs have an arrest rate of about 1 criminal a year on average so lets not mention them either.

Oh and the cuts? less officers and support staff? Well lets hope that is met by sensible decisions and cutting the services in the right areas.

The councils have demonstrated how not to do cuts. The roads in Harrogate are falling apart and the bin collections are going to be cut down and the street lights are being turned off at night.

and yet money is still being wasted on diversity training. The NHS spent a FIFTH of its budget last year on diversity issues which proved a failure.

Lets hope that police cuts are coming in the right places. no more following facebook or twitter and no cuts to officers on the beat (if any of them remember what that means. ) Sadly i know the cuts will affect frontline officers because public organisations have too many shiny seats to keep warm and too many 'difficult' issues that need oh so much consideration while out on the roads deaths are going up because mobile phone use while driving has gone off the richter scale and Speed cameras can do sod all about it.

mdf290, what you said is true. The police DO want to be out there fighting crime, no police officer wants to be sat at a desk filling in forms.

There is so much red tape now, the police cant do any proper policing. When they do, they do it very well. Too many health and safety regs put in place now by the powers that be. Not allowed to pursue criminals on bikes in case they fall off and hurt themselves :confused:

2015 there will be approx 16'000 less officers due to the cuts :eek:

mdf290, what you said is true. The police DO want to be out there fighting crime, no police officer wants to be sat at a desk filling in forms.

There is so much red tape now, the police cant do any proper policing. When they do, they do it very well. Too many health and safety regs put in place now by the powers that be. Not allowed to pursue criminals on bikes in case they fall off and hurt themselves :confused:

2015 there will be approx 16'000 less officers due to the cuts :eek:

I feel sorry for you if it really is the case that you want to be fighting crime. Unfortunately there is too much evidence of a new and different breed of police officer who treats the public with disdain and lives within a sheltered environment where they are all too happy to play social engineering or health and safety. I mean filling in pointless forms in a nice warm room and having a laugh and flirt with your colleagues and for 30k and you only work three days on three days off might just seem like heaven to a lot of police officers.

Maybe there seriously is a case for splitting the force and creating one that simply tackles crimes and lawbreaking according to the British statutory laws and the rest get thrown into social services to fanny about all day with human rights and the EU constitution.

But seriously the police need to sharpen up their act they have lost the public.
I was a manager of three GP surgeries and a patients father had threatened to harm my doctors because he was not happy about his childs treatment. He had already told one GP to his face he was going to get him .The child had a skin condition that was stress related and no amount of cream would cure it while the father was abusing the mother (which records shew there was a history of domestic abuse). He was a very angry man and I had an interview with him as manager because he came to make a complaint about his sons treatment . I already knew when he arrived that he had physically threatened one of my doctors. During the interview he stood from his chair he was raising his voice and made comments alluding to know where the doctors live and that he would get them.
I explained that our doctors were doing everything they could and the treatments being offered were the right ones and that these things take time to get under control he started to calm down I did however have to mention his son could be removed from the patient register and he may have to find another surgery before he realised what his actions could lead to.

Obviously straight after the interview I contacted the Police. I had to write an incident report and discuss this case with my seniors. There was little we could do re the child as he was our patient and we were treating him as best we could. The mother was clearly in danger but we could not intervene there and social services were involved. Unhappy angry parents are par for the course when you are treating children as everyone expects an instant cure for their ills. It could have been simply bluster but I did not know that for sure and I needed to find out quickly whether our doctors were in real danger.
I contacted my local police and explained the situation. We weren't in a position to press charges against a patients father as mentioned parents get upset all the time when they are involved emotionally with their children. I was told someone would get back to me . . . and they didn't so I rang again . . and they didn't . . my report was written within twenty four hours except the only part missing before I could pass it up the line or have a case discussion was the police report on the likelihood of his threats being real and the actual real or percieved danger our doctors were in.
That report took three weeks to finish because despite phone call after phone call and being told officer bloggs isn't in today he is back tommorow etc etc noone actually dealt with it. I had to physically go to the police station which had no public desk (more alienation) and hang around until eventually I collared a pcso about to enter the building and ask her to get someone to speak to me to get the issue sorted. All I actually wanted to know was whether there was a likelihood his threats could turn into reality and the Police would be able to advise on whether he was a potential risk or not.
I did eventually get someone call me and say that he was being watched but not for the reasons that concerned me.
So it was potentially all bluster but it could easliy have been the case that he had a violent history and my Doctors were in real danger.
That tbh is just typical of the response or lack of you get these days when contacting the police and that represents just one of three similar events I have had when dealing with the police.
One incredulously was when witnesses to a fatal accident were needed . . . I phoned and phoned followed up rang back week after week to speak to the officer who was dealing with it, , , who never contacted me back . until I literally gave up trying and did not give my witness statement. So much for the blue board asking you to call this number eh?

Sponsored Links
Back