Politically incorrect to show good manners

A

awbcm

I am very new on this forum but have noticed while looking through a few of the threads. I have noticed very, very high proportion of original posters who can’t seem to find the time to say thank you to those who have taken the time and trouble to offer advice.

I was wondering if it politically incorrect to show good manors, or do you need a special qualification to type in the words thank you. Then again is it a health and safety issue.

Surely it can’t be just old fashioned bad manners?

Sponsored Links
Or even "manners"?

Bet you don't thank me for sorting that out.

I believe it IS in many cases non-PC to show good manners - e.g. holding the door open for a lady - not that I care, I was bought up to be good mannered...

However this may be a (misplaced?) sense of forum etiquette to not bump a thread once it has been answered by placing a thankyou - it is possible :rolleyes: that the original poster has pm'd the person with the correct or most helpful response...unless it's Joe in which case the response is likley to be something about gypsies, beggars or polish builders... :evil:

Sponsored Links
Depends on wether they make umpteen things clean or not... :rolleyes:

I believe it IS in many cases non-PC to show good manners - e.g. holding the door open for a lady - not that I care, I was bought up to be good mannered...
if you hold a door open for a woman, and she doesn't thank you or even acknowledge your presence but just breezes through ignoring you, remember it, and don't open a door for her again. Next time, just stand there and wait for her to open it. Or let it shut behind you. If she comments, explain that you got the impression last time that she didn't like you holding a door open for her.

Same with people who ignore any other minor act of consideration. I used to drive 50 miles to Basinghole every morning at the same time, and got to recognise other drivers who I'd come up against every day at the same place.

I always hold open a door for a lady ... If she's a crockadillyhiddipig and complains about it I just smile and walk away ... Her problem not mine IMO.

MW

Or even "manners"?

Bet you don't thank me for sorting that out.

Please accept my sincere thanks for taking the time and trouble in pointing out my miss spelling it is most appreciated.

Once again thank you.

interesting thread, i actually do think the thanks only hits the 50% mark, i never get a pm saying thanks. not sure if any one else does tho.

I've had a few over the years ... I've had a lot more telling me to ... off though :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back