pool heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!
i was sold a heater without being told i need to be an electrician to wire it up. The company refuse to refund it as its been out of its box so i now need to wire it up myself (can't afford a pro). Is this a good idea or am i likely to kill myself and burn my house down lol
It is a 5kw heater that runs from my sand filter. I have done some electrical work before so i 'm sure with a little help i would be able to do this too.
Thanks for reading, Sean.

Sponsored Links
Help!
(can't afford a pro). Is this a good idea or am i likely to kill myself and burn my house down lol

How would we know?

It may be a case that you can't NOT afford a pro.

More info including pictures would be helpful.

Sponsored Links
Where would you get the power supply from?

Where would the isolation switch be sited?

What cable and installation method would be used?

Unless you are very experienced I would recommend getting a qualified electrician to do this.

Any idea on what it's likely to cost or is that just too random depending on who i ask.

32A MCB in the board ( assuming spare slot )
32A sinle phase ceeform socket mounted somewhere convenient ( I'm assuming that the pool is put away for the winter? )
4mm cable to feed socket
32A isolator ( cooker type will do ) indoors.

32A single phase ceeform plug
4mm flex from heater to location of socket.

thx 4 replies :)
fk me, £500? as an average? fk that, i think i will get the 3kw heater instead :)

I just found out a family friend is a sparky but will still charge lots :(

32A MCB in the board ( assuming spare slot )
32A sinle phase ceeform socket mounted somewhere convenient ( I'm assuming that the pool is put away for the winter? )
4mm cable to feed socket
32A isolator ( cooker type will do ) indoors.

32A single phase ceeform plug
4mm flex from heater to location of socket.
and very important: an RCD!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back