Poor lifestyle contributed to U.K. covid

Sponsored Links
"The only way to stop the current COVID-19 pandemic is to inhibit the virus spread through vaccination"
And having the jab wasnt risk free as it had its own health problems, some of those resulting in death.

"The only way to stop the current COVID-19 pandemic is to inhibit the virus spread through vavaccination"
Really guess that mother nature thing that has always been with us was useless .natural immunity.

Sponsored Links
The UK authorities reaction to the 'virus' will end up costing more lives than it allegedly saved!

Said this so many times. We lost people in their 50s and 60s as their cancer treatment just completely stopped. I'll never forget having to break the law to see my Aunt on her deathbed.

In terms of the original post though, I do think our national diet appears particularly poor when compared to Europe, especially now with the prevalence of "Just Eat", "Uber Eats", etc. making takeaways a routine for many. Although we've historically had a pretty 'boring' diet, at least in the 20th Century few of us ate to the excess many do today.

That's not what he said...."people being kept alive".
Merely living longer does not affect the gene pool.
Old people having children might.

I didn't read Gant's post the way you did.

A contributing factor along with a gene pool that is getting progressively weaker as more people are kept alive by modern day science.

Not "living longer"; "living - long enough, or even at all - to procreate, and therefore pass on their genes into the gene pool".

Slightly OT but unhealthy lifestyles are contributing to so many negative socioeconomic things. However, individual responsibility aside, what can we actually do about it? Force people to exercise, ban the selling of all so-called junk food, introduce upfront healthcare costs if the condition is deemed to be caused by an unhealthy lifestyle? This is why government can't really get to grips with it, although they do try through various initiatives and legislation.

I didn't read Gant's post the way you did.

Not "living longer"; "living - long enough, or even at all - to procreate, and therefore pass on their genes into the gene pool".
Possibly...
I'm sure he didn't t mean old fogies procreating, did he?
If he meant that by living longer means that has a knock-on effect towards the age at which folk decide to have children is getting older, then I do agree with that.
The thought of 80+ (age) people having kids though.... :oops:

The period of 2020-2022 would have been the perfect time to carpet bomb the population with public health messaging along the lines of "if you want to collapse your risk of serious effects from this virus, you need to have some personal agency, sort your diet out, stop eating crap, get off the sofa, get outside and exercise and lose some bloody weight"

Instead we closed gyms, parks and outside recreation but kept KFC and McDonalds open.

:unsure:

I'm sure he didn't t mean old fogies procreating, did he?

I'm sure he didn't.

If he meant that by living longer means that has a knock-on effect towards the age at which folk decide to have children is getting older, then I do agree with that.

I'm not sure Gant was thinking that deeply either.

Like I said, my reading was that medical science is now allowing people to reproduce, who wouldn't have even been alive so to do, in years gone by.

More simply, we're removing the "pressures" that natural selection is bound by.

The biggest contributor to poor lifestyle is poverty and the biggest contributor to poverty has been Government policies.

They cut the NHS preparedness to deal with pandemics under Cameron then on top the increase in poverty where people are living in smaller cramped conditions and eating poor diets made them more susceptible to the pandemic.

But blame poor people for being poor, never the people in charge.

The poorer you are the more likely you are to have diabetes because you are more likely to eat poor quality calorific rich food.

If you have diabetes then its not that you are more likely to catch coronavirus but more likely to develop severe illness from it.

Sponsored Links
Back