Poor quality plumbing tradesman on site - photos added -am I being too harsh?

I think he meant silicone grease to help it slide in, at least I hope he did, otherwise I'm with you on this one.

Sponsored Links
No it was a good smear of silicone sealant around the pan exit and connector..

Sponsored Links
No it was a good smear of silicone sealant around the pan exit and connector.

And how would you get the fitting out when needed. The idea of the ribs in the connector, is that it'll form the seal, so no silicone needed, and you replace the seal if it leaks.

Omg - all this for a schit!!! It’d be less hassle for the world if you just took a dump outside and picked it up with a doggie bag :sick:

Ah silicone ,the dafty Diyer's and bodgers get out of jail card!:) :)
when i installed a new toilet the pan connector was leaking a little. I have to admit i put some plumbers mate in the ribbed bit of the pan connector (tip from youtube) .... been ok for about 6 months now... and i have 2 sh1tes a day (and 3 on a sunday)

Last edited:
Actually just a little water to lubricate it when you push it on I find best, once on it grips well. I wouldn't really have used plumbers mate.
What I also do is make sure the spigot on the pan is completely squeeky clean. Additionally if you pull the connector back a little and ease it forward the white seal is then in its moulded formed position.

Actually just a little water to lubricate it when you push it on I find best, once on it grips well. I wouldn't really have used plumbers mate.
What I also do is make sure the spigot on the pan is completely squeeky clean. Additionally if you pull the connector back a little and ease it forward the white seal is then in its moulded formed position.

i expect sooner or later the plumbers mate will get washed down. i'll replace the pan connector with your tips. Then I can enjoy my poops again knowing that i havent bodged it.

Mines been fine for 6 months, I personally see it as "belt and braces" rather than a bodge but hey ho..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back