Poorly installed boiler

Sponsored Links
What he's saying is that a PMK wouldn't make the terminal comply.

They're only for when an otherwise compliant flue is still causing a nuisance.

Of course there are regs and on some new installs we may recommend a pmk even if it's not actually required by the regs, if there's a likely going to be a nuisance issue, but even then, you can control plume about as much as you can fog!

;)
Do we know that it didn't/doesn't comply?

Ok but there's been chat about where he's got that from! Don't know if it's been inspected by a pro or just neighbours tudthumping... unless I missed it :eek:

Sponsored Links
That's the problem with OP's going on silent running when they potential don't get the answer they were hoping for.

Well we all pretty much suggested that his neighbour go do one, so perhaps he's thinking about how to translate that into neighbour-speak :LOL:

Need some photos really.
But... Can it be enforced after all this time even it doesn't comply? Did it back then?

Don't know if it can, or even if there would be a will to enforce. But I am sure the 600mm rule has been around since the mid '90s. And a PDK does not remove the 600mm, although ot obviously helps the plume issue. The 600mm has nothing to do with plumng

Well we all pretty much suggested that his neighbour go do one, so perhaps he's thinking about how to translate that into neighbour-speak :LOL:

I didn't, for one.

As Dan points out, the OP had said it is on the boundary wall, so he doesn't need anything confirming.

Incompliant.

Case closed

I didn't, for one.

As Dan points out, the OP had said it is on the boundary wall, so he doesn't need anything confirming.

Incompliant.

Case closed

So, do you think op could/should be forced to change it?

So, do you think op could/should be forced to change it?

If the neighbour got lawyered up, probably.

If the original installer registered it in his name, and he is still a RGI, it is possible that Gas Safe would tell him (the RGI) to correct at his own expense. They almost certainly would, if it was, say, a couple of years old.

Which is one reason why I always say never to compromise on the regs because a neighbour "gives permission"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back