Post the best photo you took today

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Screenshot_20190919_143950_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

I love Grass hoppers. Having a beer this afternoon

Last edited by a moderator:
Went over the allotment tonight to get a few spuds. I think I hit the Cullinan of the spud world! :eek:

FBD92F4C-7B6A-4CE6-8C63-6313F8AE21D2.jpeg
0534DA04-A7A0-4623-8DBF-83AC2A807E4C.jpeg

Why do you have an allotment?
Just something I’ve always wanted to do - grow my own veg. This is just my first year though so still lots to learn. The aim for this year is that every veg on our plates at Christmas will be grown by myself and I’m well on target so far. Probably cost me 20 times what I would have paid in the shops for the vegetables but it’s the satisfaction of doing it as well as the taste.

Just something I’ve always wanted to do - grow my own veg. This is just my first year though so still lots to learn. The aim for this year is that every veg on our plates at Christmas will be grown by myself and I’m well on target so far. Probably cost me 20 times what I would have paid in the shops for the vegetables but it’s the satisfaction of doing it as well as the taste.
Had an allotment years ago when I didn't have to move around so much. It can get very cheap indeed to grow your own - used to find ways to keep the costs down (which for me was also half the fun of it). Buying seeds end of season for the next year is great, used to get packets of seeds for 10p and can get cheap plant food too that time of year. Growing plants from seed and not buying small plug plants is cheap too and I'd keep the small potatoes for the next years crop. I pinched all the better half's garden tools that I didn't have, and bought an old qualcast push mower for a quid off ebay. Cheap as chips (home grown of course!).

Sponsored Links
Back