Post the best photo you took today

It was some chemicals in a jug.

Todays pic:

IMG_3266.JPG

Sponsored Links
They're pretty good pictures Ian, is it a phone, or a camera you uses.

It's an iPhone 7, I did try a close up of some underground bug but it didn't come out. That was my best pic because the ground was so hard to dig and I was pleased to find the leak :)

Sponsored Links
So you've never learned to dowse for leaks. I was surprised to find that a lot of the water board engineers can do it, but oddly enough, they're not allowed to use it for leak detection.

I've done it to find the line of a pipe but never to find a leak.

You have to change the question in your mind to ask for the leak.

Don't worry about it Noesall, Ian understands, and that's all that matters.

It is very odd how it works, and how it doesn't work for everyone.

Took loads of good pictures today on Hellvelyn:
IMG_3369.JPG

IMG_3397.JPG

IMG_3440.JPG

I know, I can't actually divine for water, but I can do it for lay lines. I can also use a pendulum easier than rods.

You may find there are a lot more things you can do that you don't yet know about.

Nice pictures.

I'll have a read into it. First time I saw it done I was with one of the old boys at work. We had no idea where the pipe ran and he pulled a couple of bucket handles off, bend them and started criss crossing the garden.

I thought 'what a ****' and went and hid in the van. He plotted the line of the pipe then I used the listener on the line and found the leak. From then on I was a believer but with me it's a bit hit and miss. I had a similar one so used the handles then dig in the wrong place :LOL::LOL:

Get a couple of metal coat hangers, cut at one lower corner, and about 4" up the opposite angle to give a bent L shape, and the bend to 90degrees. Get a couple of straws, and cut 4" off to provide handles, and you've got yourself a pair of divining rods. Hold them in your hands about 9" apart so they tip ever so slightly forward, and then take a deep breath, breath out slowly and then ask the rods to move when you cross the pipe, then ask to point in the direction of the leak, and then ask them to show tell you when you are over the leak. If you fix in your mind the type of reaction you expect (rods cross towards the centre) when you hit the water pipe (with the leak) then you'll ignore other pipes nearby.

It will take you a few goes to get the nack of it, and you can just practice finding the pipes to start with, so you don't knock your confidence, then once you find the leaks using the rods, use the listner to verify what you've found. You'll soon reach a point where you have the confidence to dig without using the listener, but even if you never do, you'll find the rods help you locate the general area quicker than you normally would.

Sponsored Links
Back