Potterton Prima F Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My boiler is about 18 years old and I have it serviced every year by british gas.

It is in fine working order but the engineers have advised me that the outer casing has a tiny rust section in the top right hand corner which would be dangerous if it finely goes all the way through.

Does anybody know if you can purchase the outer casings anywhere for boilers as for just a tiny rust spot I can't really afford a new boiler at the moment. British gas have informed me that they wouldn't be able to get hold of the part but I thought if I could then they could fix it for me.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it on the front casing cover or the main casing?

Unfortunately, if there is hole and rusting on main casings, it will be unsafe and ID and has to be condemned.

If the rust hole is on front cover, it may be possible to get hold of second hand cover from EBay.

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
If you really are so poor then there are several Government schemes to supply boilers to you. Greendeal is one.

I get a couple of automated telephone calls each week about them!

Your boiler is old and inefficient.

It was covered in the £400 boiler scrappage scheme a few years ago!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back