Potterton Puma 100e parts availability on B.G. plan

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by scoobydo123, 7 Jan 2013.

1. scoobydo123

scoobydo123

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A friend has the potty puma and is on a service plan from BG. The boiler is acting up that sometimes it is not coming on for heating, hw demand is ok. BG have come out and said they cannot get parts to fix. Now I would guess that this is some sort of diverter valve issue surely this is available? Obviously BG wants to quote for a new install. Anyone got any pointers for a responce for them.

Cheers

2. Gasguru

Gasguru

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Only parts I know are obsolete is once of the types of pilot burner. The heat exchangers may not be available. As far as the heatings concerned it's likely to be an external controls, diverter wax element, thermistor or pcb problem...all parts available. Hope they've checked for dripping hot taps/leaks. Sounds like the usual BG stunt.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. gas_man_gaz

gas_man_gaz

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    which part have they said they cant get? i would guess at the wax capsule being at fault with the description you have given, which is still available

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. petit_pablo

petit_pablo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Not had a puma i havent fixed yet.
    BG can get probably 99% of the "functional" spares for it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sponsored Links
  7. scoobydo123

scoobydo123

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    they didn't say just said can't be fixed and would quote for new boiler. Have put him straight and he is going to call them again. Thanks for all the advice

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local