Potterton Puma 100e parts availability on B.G. plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend has the potty puma and is on a service plan from BG. The boiler is acting up that sometimes it is not coming on for heating, hw demand is ok. BG have come out and said they cannot get parts to fix. Now I would guess that this is some sort of diverter valve issue surely this is available? Obviously BG wants to quote for a new install. Anyone got any pointers for a responce for them.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Only parts I know are obsolete is once of the types of pilot burner. The heat exchangers may not be available. As far as the heatings concerned it's likely to be an external controls, diverter wax element, thermistor or pcb problem...all parts available. Hope they've checked for dripping hot taps/leaks. Sounds like the usual BG stunt.

which part have they said they cant get? i would guess at the wax capsule being at fault with the description you have given, which is still available

Sponsored Links
they didn't say just said can't be fixed and would quote for new boiler. Have put him straight and he is going to call them again. Thanks for all the advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back