Potterton Statesman Utility 130/150

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi No I'm not sure he did. where is it?
Hi Having looked at the parts diagram on Baxi parts list, if it is part number 3008960 Motor Capacitor, no he certainly didn't change it.

It's connected to the motor

Given age of boiler it will probably be white plastic with a black cap on. If replaced then it will likely be metal with black cap.

It's value is measured by capacitance. You will see a 4 or 4.5uf value on the capacitor which has a tolerance of 5 % either side of that figure.

You need a multimeter to check the value but if it hasn't been changed then given the age of the boiler change it.

An experienced oil guy would look at this component first when a cold reset symptom is manifesting itself

It's connected to the motor

Given age of boiler it will probably be white plastic with a black cap on. If replaced then it will likely be metal with black cap.

It's value is measured by capacitance. You will see a 4 or 4.5uf value on the capacitor which has a tolerance of 5 % either side of that figure.

You need a multimeter to check the value but if it hasn't been changed then given the age of the boiler change it.

An experienced oil guy would look at this component first when a cold reset symptom is manifesting itself
Hi Its white plastic with a white cap value 5uf +/- 5%, i'll get it changed. Thanks

This bloke has thrown a lot of parts at this problem.

I am slightly gobsmacked he didn't target the capacitor right from the get go???

This bloke has thrown a lot of parts at this problem.

I am slightly gobsmacked he didn't target the capacitor right from the get go???
We live in a fairly remote bit of Scotland and he is a man with a sign written van !!! He changed the parts listed above but never mentioned the capacitor once, as none of them fixed the problem and as he is now away for 4 weeks, I thought I would ask on here, some good suggestions but all apart from yours had been tried and ruled out. I've ordered one and it looks like an easy change with the power off. I'll let you know. Cheers

Hi

We have the above boiler which was made/installed in 2007. Recently it developed a fault after an annual service, at which the boiler was cleaned out removing soot etc, a new nozzle fitted and a new photo electric wand? fitted, the fault causes the burner to fail to start from cold.

First thing in the morning the controls create a demand, the fan starts and at the next point where the burner is about to fire it fails and lights the reset light. If during this process I press the reset button as it goes into the ignition cycle it fires and then works perfectly throughout the day.

If the fan runs.....It will not be the capacitor.....You would just get a buzzing from the stalled motor !!

So if there is a tight spot and/or a stocking pump/motor do you think that a failing capacitor can cause slow start and possible lock-out?

So if there is a tight spot and/or a stocking pump/motor do you think that a failing capacitor can cause slow start and possible lock-out?

After 6 visits and a new oil pump....I would doubt it !!!
I regularly find caps at half their stated value working without problem, (Which is why I check and replace on a service).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back