Power cuts ?

I think things have moved on a bit since then.

You can now buy these things called generators ;)

Sponsored Links
And the company's demonstration van with its 3KVA generator being offered many homes.

And un-important telephone extensions being jacked out to eke out the 48volt battery for as long as possible

We get quite a few power outages generally where I live so we invested in a genny a couple of years ago ... Nothing clever, just powers a couple of sockets on a separate circuit for essentials ... TV/satellite and the wife's straighteners ;)

I'm also looking to make the combi supply switchable also so we will still have heat and hot water but that's for another day :LOL:

Oh to have been a power worker in the 70's, the three day week etc they must have had one hell of a deal as even after all these years there's not been a peep out of them. (still sitting on their nice little nestegg?) ;)

Sponsored Links
lots of days of school. lots of cold dinners in winter and bloody cold and dark nights too.

I also remember really cold and harsh winters (lots of snow) and long hot summers, whereas nowadays it's hard to tell the seasons apart :LOL:

We hardly ever get snow down here nowadays though.

Benefits of global warming ;)

Yeah, me too. Remember summer of '76?? Phew!!

Also remember winters of early 80's - '81 & '82??

They were air-lifting sheep to safety!

I was in boarding school & could not get home one of those winters - the M62 was blocked, the Woodhead & Snake were blocked & good old BR had not yet ploughed the line to Manchester. We ended up staying at school for an extra few days until they managed to clear the line. I ended up on a train so packed, we could hardly breathe & were sweating to death, despite the freezing weather outside.

Back