Power for fishtank

Won't the supply to the FCU require RCD protection if it is buried <50mm deep?

Sponsored Links
Not the end of the world tho, you can get away with using an RCD FCU.
It isn't a very big tank at all, my hospital tank holds about 30L of water which is only relatively small, I take it they must be pretty narrow? What sort of fish are you keeping?

only really looking at 6-7 neon tetras and a loach for the size it is, just for a bit of moving colour. I used to breed Oscars years ago..tanks all over the place I promised the wife we wont go back to that!

So a switched FCU 3amp (converted from existing un-used single socket on ring main).75mm cable from this buried under channel feeding wiring centre. is this OK as its connected to an existing ring or has it got to be an RCD FCU to comply with new regs. Sorry for all these questions.

Sponsored Links
If your existing CU has no RCD protection and the cable is only under galv capping then you will need an RCD FCU,, however if the cable is in earthed steel conduit, you are using MICC, SWA or Flexishield then it doesn't

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back