Press release from the BMA

People are living longer & the NHS cannot keep up with demand

they were talking about it on the Radio

any one born today or under 4 could well live to 100 ?? with all the health care etc that go's with it

Encouraging people to give up smoking , go to the gym , has in some respects caused problems for the NHS ?????

The NHS needs to be funded to the level of our EU neighbours. Healthcare demand is always skewed towards the older generation - nothing new here.

The best bang for buck are public health campaigns to reduce obesity, smoking, diabetes etc.

Sponsored Links
The NHS needs to be funded to the level of our EU neighbours. Healthcare demand is always skewed towards the older generation - nothing new here.

The best bang for buck are public health campaigns to reduce obesity, smoking, diabetes etc.

not neccesarily so imo

people are living longer with manageable conditions , life expectancy 100 ?? = 40 odd years ? of drawing a state pension plus all the treatments they will require on the NHS

smokers die earlier

stick a TV camera into a 100 peoples faces & ask them if they are prepared to pay more tax for the NHS & all of em would say yes

now see if they go & vote for it

you do not care about smokers who finance their own treatment.
I am pleased that the number of smokers is diminishing, and I am delighted that far fewer schoolchildren are being recruited by the fag trade.

So yes, I do care. I care that tobacco addiction is declining.

Maintaining the numbers of smokers has always depended on the fag companies advertising and sponsorship to show the glamour of emphysema, bronchitis and oral cancer so they can attract sufficient 11-year-old recruits to compensate for the large numbers of their customers that they kill.

I was delighted to see that the number of smoking schoolchildren has been dropping from 18% in 2001 to 5% in 2014.

Can anyone fail to be delighted?

Sponsored Links
Back