Pressure washing wall at property

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Wanting to know what I need in order to pressure wash this wall. We have a Karcher K4 pressure washer - when I was out doing the car one day I tested the pressure washer on a small section of this wall. It seems to remove a certain amount of dirt but doesn't remove the green and grey stuff that's still on it. Any advice on what I could use to pre-treat the wall ?

Image of the wall is here on my OneDrive https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvxDFgUHUgNCgrcg6nEO1sgDh5mHTA?e=lPCWbj

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You could do more damage to the bricks or mortar than you imagine. It might be worth applying somre Jayes fluid or moss killer (though this can stain too). Then, once the green algae is dead it'll come off more easily with the same pressure washer you already have. Proceed knowing that it might degrade the brick surface/mortar though.

Nozzle

Hi @Nozzle ,

I'll bear that in mind with regards to potential damage to the bricks and mortar. Though I have to say when I tested the pressure washer out on some of it the other day the mortar didn't appear loose. But I will keep an open mind on that.

Will Jeyes fluid definitely do the job do you think?
This specifically?: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121144306197/

Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Jeyes is really nasty stuff, animals, wildlife, the garden and the environment.

Sponsored Links
wash the pavement around it thoroughly after using jeyes, any dogs being walked through it will get it on their paws and they will try to lick it off.

So please wash down well.

I wouldn't describe it as really nasty stuff, but it is effective for use in outdoor areas, around farm land etc. Dilute as per instructions.

Stiff brush, lots of soapy water and elbow grease! If the algae is stubborn, powdered oxygen bleach will do the job and it's ok for wildlife and plants afaik. Up to you really - you can buy products designed to clean bricks too, though not good for environment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back