Price to convert garage doorway to wall and window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to have a garage door removed on a integrated garage. 600mm foundation dug and poured, cavity wall with bricks toothed in, window installes, waste away etc.
Struggling to get a quote of less then £6k does this sound reasonable or am I being tighter. Cheers all, happy weekend

Attachments

• IMG-20230928-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230928-WA0004.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG-20230928-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230928-WA0003.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG-20230928-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230928-WA0002.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG-20230928-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230928-WA0001.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 70
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hey £10k from a Top end Guy £6.5k and £5.8k cash
Looking online and forums prices suggested are more like £3k

Forget the forums, the prices you have are the prices people are prepared to do it for. No one is willing to do it for £3K correct?

I'm in Kent the quote is just for the garage door brick up and window nothing else.

Fair point on the pricing the job is worth what the market says. Just wanna get an idea if the figures are reasonable I guess

Seems like they are over pricing as they dont want the work...

I'm in Kent the quote is just for the garage door brick up and window nothing else.
Huge difference in wealth in Kent

Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks will be massively different from say Sittingbourne

Hey £10k from a Top end Guy £6.5k and £5.8k cash
Are these building contractors that are companies or one man bands?

what sort of jobs do they usually do?

The problem is that it’s a very small job for a builder whose work is largely extensions, they might not want the hassle

The other problem is that it’s a small mixed trade job with no scale of economy:

-digger for foundation dig
-concrete delivery for mass fill
-bricklayer
-window fitter
-carpenter / multi trade
-electrician
-plasterer

Ideally you want a one man band that does small building works - possible somebody that leans towards groundwork.

Where did you source them from?

Huge difference in wealth in Kent

Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks will be massively different from say Sittingbourne

Are these building contractors that are companies or one man bands?

what sort of jobs do they usually do?

The problem is that it’s a very small job for a builder whose work is largely extensions, they might not want the hassle

The other problem is that it’s a small mixed trade job with no scale of economy:

-digger for foundation dig
-concrete delivery for mass fill
-bricklayer
-window fitter
-carpenter / multi trade
-electrician
-plasterer

Ideally you want a one man band that does small building works - possible somebody that leans towards groundwork.

Where did you source them from?
The OP said the guesstimate was just for the garage brick-up and a window.

Thanks all. Yes just the garage door removal and brick up. No internal works for the rest of the conversion.

Sourced from social recommendations and job sites etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back