Problems in the NHS

working age immigrants the lowest, that story doesn't fit the facts.
The thing with working age immigrants, and working age home grown(if you can find them) is they are sometimes doing minimum wage,zero hours jobs, several jobs in fact, but will not be paying any NI on their earnings. I was under the impression NI was levied on your total earnings, but it is levied on earnings per job, so by doing 3 or 4 jobs working 40 hours a week, they may earn as much as 1 person doing 40 hours a week but will probably pay no NI (nor will his/her employer) so although it makes the jobless figures look good, it's not bringing in government income.

Sponsored Links
so although it makes the jobless figures look good, it's not bringing in government income.
Yep...

But then it also saves employers contributions which suits the corporates nicely.

All part of the 'con' con!

Amazing how some people fall for it time and time again!

A doctor that works 45 hours a week is a part time doctor. That's more than 20% more that most people are contracted to work in the UK (average week being 37 hours).

This is another bit of mindless RWR BS that is trying to make the NHS look bad. It's all fake news, and once again, people are falling for it.

Oh well. Nothing ever really changes.

If you want an idea of the reality of GPs and doctors, this explains what is going on: https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2018/08/2...lking-about-gps-being-full-time-or-part-time/

"Perhaps the time has come to adopt a sporting analogy, and start calling our “part timers” what they really are—“full timers.” We could extend the analogy and start calling our “full timers,” what they really are, and that is “ extra timers.” Hopefully we can then avoid the shootouts."

Who do you believe though? A doctor writing for the BMJ, or a tabloid journalist writing for Tory party donors? It's a hard one to call!

A doctor that works 45 hours a week is a part time doctor. That's more than 20% more that most people are contracted to work in the UK (average week being 37 hours).

This is another bit of mindless RWR BS that is trying to make the NHS look bad. It's all fake news, and once again, people are falling for it.

Oh well. Nothing ever really changes.

If you want an idea of the reality of GPs and doctors, this explains what is going on: https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2018/08/2...lking-about-gps-being-full-time-or-part-time/

"Perhaps the time has come to adopt a sporting analogy, and start calling our “part timers” what they really are—“full timers.” We could extend the analogy and start calling our “full timers,” what they really are, and that is “ extra timers.” Hopefully we can then avoid the shootouts."

Who do you believe though? A doctor writing for the BMJ, or a tabloid journalist writing for Tory party donors? It's a hard one to call!

The same RWR who will argue that time travelling to a job should be costed but a Dr working "part time" is skiving (the assumption being they are still getting paid their full time wage)

Sponsored Links
Some NHS doctors do private work on the side.

Yeah, I have varicose veins removed once, the doctor did NHS work in the morning then private in the afternoon. I went to the wrong place at first, it was manic, but he came out and told me I was early and needed to be over the road at the fancy place, and that they had a room waiting for me. Lovely. Was nice when work paid for private treatment, although if more money went into public ... :whistle:

Yeah, I have varicose veins removed once, the doctor did NHS work in the morning then private in the afternoon. I went to the wrong place at first, it was manic, but he came out and told me I was early and needed to be over the road at the fancy place, and that they had a room waiting for me. Lovely. Was nice when work paid for private treatment, although if more money went into public ... :whistle:

I had my hernia done privately, company perk,
It was better than a lot of hotels I've stayed in, was even asked if I wanted to finish watching England play on the TV in my private room (I elected not to, as England were certainly at the time not worth watching) Needless to say the surgeon and anaesthatist were NHS, but... quality service, I guess I justified it by freeing up some much needed NHS staff and beds.

That said, as I am able, I would gladly pay more into the NHS, without hesitation.

But then it also saves employers contributions which suits the corporates nicely.
Anyone coming on here would get the impression you are against corporations making money. :rolleyes:They’re corporations, not charities. What sort of company is it you work for in Utopia? Sorry, forgot myself again. Far too personal a question for you to answer. You best stay off-radar luv, eh? ;)

Anyone coming on here would get the impression you are against corporations making money.
They are entitled to make money fairly...

But I guess you approve of the rules being written in favour of the rich and powerful instead of working for everyone then?
What sort of company is it you work for in Utopia? Sorry, forgot myself again.
Indeed you did forget...

'Utopia' is that imaginary place that the Unicorns convinced you to vote for :LOL:

A place that of course coincidentally avoids the fair taxation of those corporates, along with the rich and powerful :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The thing with working age immigrants, and working age home grown(if you can find them) is they are sometimes doing minimum wage,zero hours jobs, several jobs in fact, but will not be paying any NI on their earnings. I was under the impression NI was levied on your total earnings, but it is levied on earnings per job, so by doing 3 or 4 jobs working 40 hours a week, they may earn as much as 1 person doing 40 hours a week but will probably pay no NI (nor will his/her employer) so although it makes the jobless figures look good, it's not bringing in government income.

Although they may not be paying tax and NI at individual companies if they are earning enough to pay them then they are legally responsible for filing a self assessment claim.
You would think when the tax man got the individual tax forms from the different employers he would see the situation and contact the person direct.

So how much extra (unpaid?) do NHS staff do?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...-health-government-matt-hancock-a8933246.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-50829903

Literally everyone expresses amazement when I reveal appointments are scheduled to last 10 minutes only. Apparently, this is a very well-kept NHS secret. I can talk to you about anything you like for 10 minutes: hair loss, mood problems, toe nails…
I strain to keep to time. Every extra five minutes spent on one person’s appointment accumulates. You, my last patient, end up waiting 30 minutes or more.

All of GP training is geared to the 10 min appointment, but new registrars have to be weaned down to this level of case work slowly. They start at 30 minutes per patient and really enjoy the work. They are then cut down to 20 minutes, and then 15. Usually they spend quite a while at 15 minutes getting used to the work before they are finally ratcheted down to 10 min and their morning’s patients are built up to 15 or 18 and then they realise why everyone else has been looking less relaxed than them.

She works three days, but still clocks up 35 to 40 hours a week - the equivalent of a full-time role.

"All GPs I know work around two to four hours a day unpaid.

"This is why they are part-time, they are doing full-time hours but getting paid part-time rates.

They work 3 days a week so they do not get burned out working 5 days a week clocking 60 hours.

The word part time really paints an incorrect picture. Perhaps its better to say the amount of hours. 40 hours a week is a fair way to describe working full time.

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/gp...fte-gps-drops-by-2-in-a-year/20038294.article

The number of fully qualified full-time equivalent (FTE) GPs has dropped by 2% over the past year, according to new figures.
Data published by NHS Digital today revealed the number of fully qualified GPs, excluding registars, went from 29,190 to 28,596 between December 2017 and December 2018.
The figures also showed there were 1,003 fewer GP partners (headcount) over the same period, a 4.4% decline.

It is really sad how some parts of the press and some politicians try to paint a picture of doctors and the NHS as being lazy. If there was one profession that really attracted people who want nothing more than to do their best to help people, then it's the medical care profession. But people think they are lazy because sometimes their business premises (yes, a GP surgery is a business, not part of the NHS) are closed for training - training that helps them provide a better service!

Our country is a bit bonkers really.

Sponsored Links
Back