Problems in the NHS

It is really sad how some parts of the press and some politicians try to paint a picture of doctors and the NHS as being lazy. If there was one profession that really attracted people who want nothing more than to do their best to help people, then it's the medical care profession. But people think they are lazy because sometimes their business premises (yes, a GP surgery is a business, not part of the NHS) are closed for training - training that helps them provide a better service!

Our country is a bit bonkers really.

The politicians need angry uninformed people and the media happily oblige in return for access.

Unfortunately our country is not unique in this regard.

In the same sentence they will thank Affordable care for saving their lives and vote Republicans who want to end it.

Sponsored Links
Affordable care for saving their lives and vote Republicans who want to end it

Like Lexiteers lending their vote, or farmers shouting no deal.

'Will of the people'.....people must be allowed to shoot themselves in the foot.

Although they may not be paying tax and NI at individual companies if they are earning enough to pay them then they are legally responsible for filing a self assessment claim.
For tax,yes, but not for NI.If you have one job and you earn,say, £250 PW, you will pay NI, as will your employer. If you have 3 jobs and earn £150 at each one (total £450 PW) you will pay no NI, nor will each of the employers.

For tax,yes, but not for NI.If you have one job and you earn,say, £250 PW, you will pay NI, as will your employer. If you have 3 jobs and earn £150 at each one (total £450 PW) you will pay no NI, nor will each of the employers.

Which is a loop hole that needs to be shut. They must be getting away with hundreds of thousands, if not a few million!

Sponsored Links
Would that not be the case in most country's?
Could it be because they are old?

Well according to many on here it's all the immigrants fault.

Old people need more healthcare - now who would have thought of that?

Well according to many on here it's all the immigrants fault.

I've always subscribed to the fact that the NHS is abused by people from overseas taking advantage, it's silly to pretend otherwise, it happens.

I also am aware that the elderly are becoming more and more of a drain on the NHS (and the care system).

I've also heard of two cases (friends or family, so there are doubtless thousands throughout the country) where babies have been born with catastrophic defects/illnesses requiring operations and lifelong care.

The bottom line is that 30 years ago, poorer people from overseas wouldn't have had the wherewithal to travel halfway across the world for free medical treatment, 20 years ago older people would have died earlier because medical advances that exist now weren't there then, and ten years ago those poor babies would have been stillborn.

It's fantastic that these advances in medicine have been achieved but can a 5% annual increases in the NHS budget cover it? of course it can't, the figure required is simply unimaginable. That, I suspect is the very sad reality to which there is no solution.

I've always subscribed to the fact that the NHS is abused by people from overseas taking advantage, it's silly to pretend otherwise, it happens.
Sadly you appear to fallen into the 'headline trap'...

So called 'health tourism' costs only 0.3% of the NHS budget at the highest end of figures given...

Private Healthcare companies make far more 'profits' from the NHS than that tiny figure...

So who are the worst abusers?

Doctors receptionists, Im sure they go to a secret rudeness school.
Ours are quite good...
(It also helps that they have a junior GP around at all times to refer calls to)

But then I guess we'll have to go back to the rude lot when we leave the EU...

It's funny how in this country we look down on people who do mundane jobs, whereas in many European countries said mundane jobs are treated with more respect!

Thus as in many cases you get what you deserve!

I think any rudeness from some doctors' reception staff is as much from their perception that they can be, and get away with it. Anything coming back the other way is subject to threat of barring, or even criminal sanction. Which is fine, but respect is a two - way street, and patients should be seen as customers, not as inconveniences.

Sponsored Links
Back