Problems with society

Softus said:
It isn't the "system".
It's the rest of us. It's the ordinary people. It's the same people who supported the rise of Thatcherism and the extra pound in their pocket instead of envisaging the effect of unfettered capitalism on our sense of community.

It's the people who regard buy-to-let homes as a financial opportunity, instead of the erosion of the ability of first-time buyers to own even one home.

Well it won't. There's only one answer - treat everyone else the way that you would like to be treated. This is no new idea, no revelation, and the fact that it's a core Christian doctrine is neither here or there.

It's the only civilised option. It's common sense.

But we're human, and fallible, and it isn't easy, and that's the problem.

IMHO.
Easy for me..I bought no shares, never supported Th****er- never borrowed more than one mortgage- and one car loan-never went overdrawn -had holidays when we`d saved up-yes I paid my taxes . maybe I`m smug......... ;)

Sponsored Links
Society has become much too liberal and immoral. We need to get back to basics. Sadly though this will never happen. Or at least not without a struggle.
Total Islamism of our society is what is needed and that struggle is gathering momentum.

What about National service, or is that too archaic :?:

Make prisons the prison of yesteryear, punishment and rehabilitation.

Remove human rights that protect the criminal and not the victim.

Bring back corpral punishment to schools, the slipper not the cane as that really was painful.

I dont think "everyone" is to blame. There are nice people out there who want a fair and equal world.

The people that need to book their ideas up are the truly selfish ones. Did anyone see "Anne Widdecombe vs" the other night? With the people claiming dole. The people on that programme clearly didnt give a flying toss where their money came from, as long as they got it every week. When it was pointed out to them how selfish they were being, they came up with some soft story of an excuse. The bloke with the hundreds of kids spent his days in the pub playing snooker, and s****g his 2 wives. WTF? His family gets about £40k a year. :eek:

Those 2 girls who had left school and went straight on the dole - this is a real cause for concern. They are the sort that will spend their days wandering the streets with their boyfriends. This is the real root of the problem - the sort of people that just

D O N O T G I V E A T O S S

about their contribution to society. They get their free money every week and spend it all in the pub or down the shops. Oh, and they might go out and buy guns and cocaine when they're bored, and shoot people and shoot up. :rolleyes:

It all comes back to one thing. Motivation of the youth to make a valuable contribution to society. Without this, they will go on the dole and be a burden on society.

I feel quite proud that I have never claimed anything from the government, but safe in the knowledge that the welfare state is there should I ever NEED it. The people above do not NEED it, they are all capable of working.

Sponsored Links
clf-gas said:
What about National service, or is that too archaic :?:

Make prisons the prison of yesteryear, punishment and rehabilitation.

Remove human rights that protect the criminal and not the victim.

Bring back corpral punishment to schools, the slipper not the cane as that really was painful.
totally agree.

perhaps not national service. Maybe after 16, get a job / further education or join the forces.

Oilman Wrote
There is no difference between Blair and Thatcher except the genitals.
But it was Thatcher with the 'Balls'

I read a lot of post placing the blame of our dreadful society on all sorts of professions and political parties, but I did not once read the word Parent.
Whilst obviously a lot of the professsional named are parents themselves, there are a lot of parents which are not these named professionals.
Not until ALL parents instill respect into their offspring will we ever achieve a society which the vast majority crave.

I mentioned motivation of the youth. I was trying to avoid "blame the parents" :LOL:

clf-gas said:

Exactly, give them a damn good hiding. That'll teach them to be nice :evil:

(Actually I do agree with you. The problem there was the minority of those who inflicted the punishment and "got off" on it. They were dangerous people).

clf-gas wrote:

Yes I agree 100% 'Cos that slipper really stings. Oh! incidentally, the cane was in fact dangerous as it has been known to chip bones in the hand and that is where it was applied at my school.
But it still requires the support of parents - How often do you get parental retaliation aginst the slipper administrator, and then Human Rights kicks in supported by Mrs Letterbox Blair and the teacher ends up behind bars.
It obviously follows that a change in law is required and a ditching of this Human Rights nonsense.
But the law change is not necessary if ALL PARENTS exercise their parental duty/responsibility and instill respect into their little darlings.

oilman said:
clf-gas said:

Exactly, give them a damn good hiding. That'll teach them to be nice :evil:

(Actually I do agree with you. The problem there was the minority of those who inflicted the punishment and "got off" on it. They were dangerous people).

Comprend what your saying and sadly these are still around today.
I was thinking more along the lines of respect and dicipline, as being nice cost nothing and comes naturally to the majority of people.

:D Have a nice, safe and pleasent evening ;)

See ther you go, Nice :LOL:

Hysteresis said:
But the law change is not necessary if ALL PARENTS exercise their parental duty/responsibility and instill respect into their little darlings.
And this is never going to happen if they keep outlawing traditional ways of keeping kids in line. Smacking!!! I was smacked as a child, and I witness smacking quite often even now. It hasnt affected me.

When I was a litle nipper I remember going to the shops with my mum, and sticking by her side. I didn't play hide and seek round the aisles, I didn't go down the aisles with my arms out knocking stuff off the shelves, I didn't try to nick sweets (yes, toddlers do this, makes for an awkward situation when assistant tries to tell parent)

Now this is all we get! Kids who are so hyperactive their parents are overrun and simply dont know how to control them. If my kids acted like that I'd put them on a lead (those kid leads you can get) so they cant run off and cause chaos. The parents get embarrassed when they make a scene, but tis their own fault!!!!!

Anyhow i digress, the above shows a lack of discipline being taught to kids. I was always taught right from wrong. If I ever acted up I was punished. Sent to my room. Not today. Buy em sweets to shut em up.

Theres a little lad across the road, he must be about 8-10 now, I often see his dad smack him. He quite happily plays out on the street with his friend from 2 doors down, leads a happy little life. His friend, too, I have seen get smacked. What is so wrong with it?

So - sorry, but blame the parents (and these galactically stupid laws). :(

Unfortunately it is going to take at least a generation to instil the values into that section of society that is ruining this country today.
I believe that one of the main reasons for the problems with which we suffer from these days, began in the late 60s and early70s when the liberal woolly minded beauracrats decided amongst other things, that teachers, who by the way qualified after only 12 months training, would no longer be referred as Sir or Mr, but by their first names, and that teachers should call the children by their first names.
OK it doesn't seem much but from small acorns etc, the bar had been lowered.
In addition corporal punishment was banned and a host of other laws were amended in the belief that this would lead to a more civilised future generation.
In other words respect and fear for and of authority went out of the window
What happened was the reverse, the pupils of that time and into the early 80s are now the parents of those who are now causing so much trouble. All they are doing is passing on the values that they were taught, they don't know any better, and their kids will just do the same.
We need to break the circle and the first place apart from the home is school.
I suppose it's to much to ask for some kind of check on whether or not the parents are capable of bringing up children in a manner which society expects!
Bring back punishment that hurts, be it physical, financial, or whatever as that is the only way we are going to get the country back on track.
The old saying that "fear concentrates the mind wonderfully" was never more apt, they certainly are not afraid of punishment these days.

Crafty wrote

So - sorry, but blame the parents (and these galactically stupid laws).

That is two items to blame.

the third is the media and the poor examples set in programs aimed at children.
(though parents should control what children watch)

the fourth is peer pressure
(though the parents should influence the people thier children have as friends and peers)

Hysteresis wrote

How often do you get parental retaliation aginst the slipper administrator

Very often nowadays. I am sure their are one or two posting on here who wouldn't support the teachers or the "slipper adminstrator".
In my day at school if my Dad found out I recieved corporal punishment by one of the teachers he would give me another thrashing and praise the teachers. :(

Sponsored Links
Back