Problems with society

Sponsored Links
AndersonC said:
one thing this country does not need is Islam, or any other foreign religion

What religion has this country got which isn't foreign then?

This thread has already descended into farce.

Sponsored Links
anobium said:
notb665 wrote

What religion has this country got which isn't foreign then

Church of England

Which upholds the principles of which religion that this country has got which isn't foreign?

Balenza said:
I welcome Islamism because liberalism has failed.
Islam is the only force that can stop what is happening in our country and indeed the government has passed much legislation to pave the way for Islam and its followers.

~Lets assume you're right.

I don't want to become a muslim, what will happen to me? Or will we all be forced to convert?

Balenza
The success of ISLAM is International Terrorism and Mass murder Oh! and the oppression Of women.
Quite an unenviable Success Track Record in My Book.
If you can't be bothered to read Richard Dawkins 'The God Delusion' how on earth can you understand the counter arguments to your distorted form of religion.
To be objective you must study both sides of the argument and only then can you form a reasoned conclusion.
You must be afraid to hear a counter argument, which is of course how Islam develops,That is to have your head cut off for daring to question your beliefs

Hysteresis said:
Balenza
The success of ISLAM is International Terrorism and Mass murder Oh! and the oppression Of women.

No, that's Arabs who have distorted the majority of Islam, not Islam proper.

Hysteresis said:
If you can't be bothered to read Richard Dawkins 'The God Delusion' how on earth can you understand the counter arguments to your distorted form of religion.

lol. You've read a book.

Hysteresis said:
Balenza
To be objective you must study both sides of the argument and only then can you form a reasoned conclusion.
You must be afraid to hear a counter argument, which is of course how Islam develops,That is to have your head cut off for daring to question your beliefs

Your either a believer and a part of the solution or a non believer (as in your case) and part of the problem.
Devout Muslim Women do not see themselves as being oppressed. Their faith is their No 1 priorty in life. Its true a few have lost their way (due again to immoral foreign influence) and have probably spoken out which give the western cultures womens rights groups the notion that they can speak on their behalf.

There have been some very well thought out posts in this thread, and I was heartened to see the posts by Softus as I think they gave us a clearer insight to him as a person that we usually don't see and I was impressed..it's the person I would like to see post here all the time, intelligent and well thought out comments and replies..Well done Softus.

Everyone else..Well done too. This is such a hot potato of a topic it is nice to see that it has gone this far without silliness creeping in.

Now for my comments..realistically I am the oldest here I dare say and I have seen many changes in society. To be totally honest it is unfair to blame a particular Government or even generation, the rot set in as a result of the damage done to the nation fighting WWII. The nation has never really recovered and fears of extreme politics gave rise to a liberalisation of politics and society that simply got out of hand. Some of the liberalisation was necessary, but it was allowed to go too far, and now the nation pays the price.

One of the biggest problems is the view the general population have for Politicians and the Police. Where once they commanded the respect of the nation as a whole, they now barely command even recognition let alone respect. The Policitcal machine of this once great nation has been allowed to corrode and the Politicians have been shown to be generally shady to say the least. The Police have lost the respect of the nation due to many reasons, overwork, lack of performance, lack of numbers, indifference to the communities they Police to name a few.

It will not be until we correct these core issues that we will be able to address some of the wider issues in society, when people are able to respect those in power and authority again, then perhaps we can start to return to the Britain that made us great again.

Balenza, with respect, Islam, like all religion based Politics, is doomed to failure. Whilst I accept the Qu'ran teaches Love, peace, tolerance and justice, those who command Islamic states know none or very few of these traits, and the same was true when Religion has led other countries. Mans interpretation of any religion is always biased by their Political ambitions and desires, as a result you get Intolerance, conflict, murderous justice and if your really lucky people manage to hang on to love.

In my younger days I was fortunate to travel extensively in the Middle East, and I can assure you that the leaders in the Modern Middle East have failed thier peoples and thier religion, just as many did years ago. Islam is a fractured religion with different groups in constant conflict in most states where they co-exist. Sharia Law is barbaric, intolerant and has no place in a decent society. Any legal system that allows the stoning to death of people for minor "errors" is wrong, that simple. When a Political or Religious system allows the brutal murdering of children for percieved wrongs against the religion/state then that system has failed it's people. There is no justification for some of the actions allowed by Sharia law or for a system that encourages and condones mass murder by suicide for percieved political/religious gains. These actions simply bring shame on the people and the system.

Finally, to be more specific, perhaps the Islamic people of the world should stop blaming others for all the ills of their world and start to look in the mirror a little more. The West has made some stupid errors and some catastrophic ones in the Middle East, that cannot be doubted, but that is not an excuse for the carnage perpetrated by terrorists. The majority of people being killed in Iraq is the result of Muslim on Mulsim sectarian murder, and whilst the Western interference may have allowed this situation to arise, they did not create the intolerance, it was already there and had been suppressed by Saddams murderous regime. Islam can never find people and heal itself if it fails to be honest about it's problems. If Islam chooses to start a wider war with the West they will be doomed.

Got to Agree 100% Jim
Well written and well thought out.
If only the followers of ISLAM would read, Understand and act on your Comments.

Nothing personal Sparky Jim, but what the hell has age to do with wisdom.
If anything the fault of society today in this country is due to the likes of our generation.
I say this as someone who has also been around a bit
We were too weak to fight against the changes that were foisted on us and we are now reaping the harvest.
What we need now are answers to the problems not lessons on the Koran.
Islam is not the cause of the breakdown in our society, anymore than Christianity is the solution .
We need strong leadership, and we all need to give him or her the backing which they require.
I don't mind admitting that as a former tory supporter there is something about Brown that gives me reason for hope.

A good post Jim but stating that Islam is "doomed to failure" spoiled it. :(
What is doomed to failure and has been proven beyond doubt is liberalism.

Shall I save us all some time here?

Islam is doomed to failure.

No it isn't. Liberalism is instead.

'Tisn't.

'Tis.

'Tisn't.

'Tis.

'Tisn't.

'Tis.

'Tisn't.

'Tis.

'Tis.