Problems with society

a man who talks about his religion has no desire to hear another mans opinion about it uless they agree

Sponsored Links
Balenza Wrote
Your either a believer and a part of the solution or a non believer (as in your case) and part of the problem.
Sorry Balenza I am not part of the problem ISLAM is. Isn't Osama Bin Laden and his cronies The Problem and he is a believer in your form of religion. If this is religious teaching I want nothing to do with it

some good posts here, but im sure we can all agree on one thing, we all hate the french!*

*(not meaning to offend anyone and sorry for adding the stupidest comment on here, but i felt it needed lightening up!, regards Jef)

Sponsored Links
Well, they do bake their bread in such a naughty shape...

anobium said:
Nothing personal Sparky Jim, but what the hell has age to do with wisdom.

Anobium, where did I say age made us wise? All I pointed out was that due to my age I have witnessed society go through many changes, I gave no opinion as to whether this made myself or anyone else wise as a result.

I am a firm believer that experience of life due to age should make one wiser on how different scenarios will impact society as it is likely you will have seen it before, but I do not believe it makes you wiser in the way your implying I said.

Balenza said:
A good post Jim but stating that Islam is "doomed to failure" spoiled it. :(
What is doomed to failure and has been proven beyond doubt is liberalism.

Balenza, please re read my comment. I only said Islam is doomed to failure where it is also used as a POLITICAL system, I was not stating that Islam the religion is doomed to failure. The two are and should be kept clearly defined and separate, just as in the West Religion was as effectively removed from Politics as it is possible to make it.

The European nations have had Political systems controlled by religious convictions and they failed in one way or another. Religious control on Politics is too rigid, does not allow compromise and as such has no place in a free and democratic world.

It is a myth that Democracy is at odds with Islam, just as it is a myth that Islamic observance teaches people to be suicide bombers. However where there is a problem is when a democratic nation has this democracy undermined due to Religious interference from all too powerful religious leaders.

There are many highly religious people who live in free and democratic nations who hold true to their religious beliefs, such as the Armish in the US, Democracy and religious convictions are not mutually exclusive.

Lastly, might I point out all the "good muslims" who live in the West and drink Alcohol, eat Non-Halal meat, visit prostitutes or are homosexual. This behaviour is not the fault of the West, this is purely and simply down to weakness of the human spirit, something that afflicts all cultures, religions and political systems. Further, there are many Muslims who live in Islamic States who do not fully observe the teachings of their Religion, and again this is not the fault of outside influence, but weakness of their spirit or at least religious convictions.

No society can move forward whilst it looks for blame outside of itself. The best modern example of this is Germany, who looked to blame others for it's perils following the ending of hostilities in WWI and we all know the consequences of this misguided politics. Yes outside influences helped to create the situation, but they chose to blame those in their society who did not fit their way of thinking. No decent society can allow this intolerance, regardless of religion.

Balenza, I respect your faith in your religion, and where I younger I would be prepared to fight for your right to observe that religious conviction, but be aware that BLIND faith is as dangerous as blind ignorance. No system of control, political or religious, should be above critisism or change for the good if it's people.

Jefoss Wrote
some good posts here, but im sure we can all agree on one thing, we all hate the french!*
Now Jefoss that is not funny - IT IS TRUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hysteresis said:
Jefoss Wrote
Now Jefoss that is not funny - IT IS TRUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is NOT, it was a rubbish comment.

Sponsored Links
Back