Pub beer prices in uk.

Strange thing is, pubs are closing or dying left, right and centre - mainly because people won't pay 2 or 3 quid for a pint. However, they don't seem to mind paying £2.50 for a frothy coffee from the Costalot and Star*ucks that are opening on every street corner.

Had a voucher come through the door the other day for a free coffe at the Costa that has just opened near me. I would never go near the place normally, but if it's free - why not. Place was full of posh mummies and metrosexual types. People paying £5 for a coffee and flapjack. :eek: Bloke on the next table drinking a toffee and cream cooler. Takes all sorts I suppose.

OK, my free coffee was very nice, but at the end of the day, it's just coffee. Can't see myself getting in the habit though. I'll stick with my local, thanks.

Sponsored Links
we seem to be having a bit of a rennaisance with the pubs round here. Quite a few of the old, traditional ones have taken to selling beers from the micro breweries that seem to be opening up.
Good atmosphere, tip top beer and at reasonable prices.
Long may it continue.

And the sooner Punch and Enterprise disappear, the better.

Stella £3.50 carling / carlsberg £3.20 a pint in my local. It's a village pub well out of the city :rolleyes:

Still, keeps the riff raff out at those sort of prices.

Sponsored Links
another pub near me now doing all pints at £2.50 until 9pm all week
and in falling home distance for me.

old rosie made me happy today.

opps,i have moved to west london,sorry.
just to be near more pubs within walking distance.

got 4 pubs within 5 minutes walk now or was it 5 pubs within 4 minute walk.

Sponsored Links
Back