Pyronix Wireless Deltabell Tamper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some advice gents.

My alarm panel keeps triggering for tamper on the sounder. It's been fine for years. I went up recently and replaced the battery (as this also recently began to warn). Battery warn for sounder is gone but tamper remains. I tried checking the pcb and housing was nicely seated inside the outer casing, and the cover shuts properly but still a tamper.

How many tamper points are there for this sounder? Just the one that detects the front cover being lifted, or others? If it is just the front tamper, could it be faulty? Can the tamper be replaced, or before that is there a way to adjust the tamper?

fyi, the pcb housing (clear plastic) just slides up out of the outer casing. I made sure it's nice and secure but just wondering if that is normal too?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Tampers can be replaced. Potential you’ve inadvertently broken the bell box cover one if you weren’t sure what you were doing they are very sensitive. There’s also a screw one that senses whether it’s being pulled away from the fascia of the building

Afew years back Pyronix had faulty batch of bell box microswitches. These can be replaced.
How old is your bell box.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220924-174635_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220924-174635_Gallery.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 54
After some advice gents.

My alarm panel keeps triggering for tamper on the sounder. It's been fine for years. I went up recently and replaced the battery (as this also recently began to warn). Battery warn for sounder is gone but tamper remains. I tried checking the pcb and housing was nicely seated inside the outer casing, and the cover shuts properly but still a tamper.

How many tamper points are there for this sounder? Just the one that detects the front cover being lifted, or others? If it is just the front tamper, could it be faulty? Can the tamper be replaced, or before that is there a way to adjust the tamper?

fyi, the pcb housing (clear plastic) just slides up out of the outer casing. I made sure it's nice and secure but just wondering if that is normal too?

Thanks
If the clear pcb slides up then the retaining screw has NOT been fitted ! There is a small hole near the terminals which should have a screw in it …as been said before it’s probably the tamper switch , if it’s a green one then definitely replace it …

Sponsored Links
Tampers can be replaced. Potential you’ve inadvertently broken the bell box cover one if you weren’t sure what you were doing they are very sensitive. There’s also a screw one that senses whether it’s being pulled away from the fascia of the building
The tamper first began to trigger during the heatwave. My assumption was that plastic had began to warp but no obvious signs when I was up there this week.
Where is the screw for sensing the device being pulled away from the wall so I can check that too.
How old is your bell box.
4, probably 5 years since the siren was installed. Not sure of manufacture date. etc
This looks like the same one from your photo - microswitch or I see @sparkymarka has recommended this one in another post - microswitch.
If the clear pcb slides up then the retaining screw has NOT been fitted ! There is a small hole near the terminals which should have a screw in it …as been said before it’s probably the tamper switch , if it’s a green one then definitely replace it …
If I recall, the microswitch is grey in colour. Either way, for the price of a few quid, it's worth replacing. I did read online that overtime the 'screw for the tamper needs adjusting'. I assume that means there is a screw holding the front tamper in position?
I'll try and screw in the PCB housing to the casing too since that has been missed.

Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Microswitch could be in the faulty period.
For what a switch costs would recommend replacement.
You can also adjust the lever to get a better closed connection. Screenshot_20220925-180529_Google.jpg

Post picture of inside of bellbox….I have seen on here the screw for the back tamper not been fitted !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back