Question on solar panel installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had some solar panels installed about a year ago, which meant having a new cylinder fitted, along with new pipework, pump & control unit. A couple of friends of mine recently had panels installed, and out of curiosity, I had a look to see how theirs compared with mine. All seems the same apart from the orientation of the expansion vessel. In theirs, the vessel is mounted upside down, above the pump, so that the connecting hose comes out underneath. On mine, the vessel is mounted adjacent to the pump, the normal way round, with the hose attached to the top. I thought at first this was a mistake, but looking at the installation guide, it shows the vessel fitted in the way that mine is. So does it not matter which way round it goes?

Appreciate anyone's thoughts,
Thanks
Bruce

Sponsored Links
no it makes no real difference as expansion is usually minimal within the vesssel although a top entry will stay cooler on account of heat rises.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back