Queues

securespark";p="2857584 said:
Why do OAPs and out of workers queue at the docs etc at 8am, when workers NEED to be there early????????????? Grrrrrrrr

For many reasons, the main one being that you can't introduce a two-tier system.

Do you also get frustrated when the vehicle in front of you is holding you up (regardless of how fast you're going)?

Are you one of these people who think that your time is more valuable than anyone elses? :eek: ;)

Just imagine:

I'm sorry, Mrs Jones, you can't have 8 am because you're 78. That timeslot is reserved for people of working age.

(Mrs Jones interprets:...... so that they can get seen by the Dr and then get on with their working day, making a valuable contribution to society, not like you).

I think its a brilliant idea! Pensioners and jobless get appointments between 9am-4pm, 8am and 4pm onwards for workers.

Sponsored Links
Never take off, Crafty. Two-teir system.

Back in the early 1960s, my doctors surgery posted a large (hand-written) notice to the effect that no schoolchildren, or anyone not working could attend Evening Surgery (there were no appointments on those days, you turned up and waited). Do you interpret this as a two-tier system? I don't. It is clearly an attempt to make best use of available time. It did work very well, too. The evening surgery queues were reduced without swamping of the morning surgery.

Never take off, Crafty. Two-teir system.

Back in the early 1960s, my doctors surgery posted a large (hand-written) notice to the effect that no schoolchildren, or anyone not working could attend Evening Surgery (there were no appointments on those days, you turned up and waited). Do you interpret this as a two-tier system? I don't. It is clearly an attempt to make best use of available time. It did work very well, too. The evening surgery queues were reduced without swamping of the morning surgery.

totally agree !

Sponsored Links
Why do OAPs and out of workers queue at the docs etc at 8am, when workers NEED to be there early????????????? Grrrrrrrr

Why would a worker need to be at the docs early if they are going to be off sick?[/quote][/quote]

Did you forget the wink/smile?

Or is it that you are from LP?

:) ;)

Why would a worker need to be at the docs early if they are going to be off sick?

I've been to the doctor's (and dentist's, for that matter) a number of times for reasons that do not require me to be off work. I have, on occasion, been required to ask for an hour or so off work in order to attend, whereas I would have been happy to go in my off-duty hours.

I think the above suggestion could save the country money due to lost man-hours (and woman-hours!).

Steve";p="2865976 said:

For many reasons, the main one being that you can't introduce a two-tier system.

Do you also get frustrated when the vehicle in front of you is holding you up (regardless of how fast you're going)?

Are you one of these people who think that your time is more valuable than anyone elses? :eek: ;)

Just imagine:

I'm sorry, Mrs Jones, you can't have 8 am because you're 78. That timeslot is reserved for people of working age.

(Mrs Jones interprets:...... so that they can get seen by the Dr and then get on with their working day, making a valuable contribution to society, not like you).

I think its a brilliant idea! Pensioners and jobless get appointments between 9am-4pm, 8am and 4pm onwards for workers.
I'm sure they can find a way round this, they do it with the OAP bus pass from 9am>

Sponsored Links
Back