radiators heat up uk but cool right down before boiler kicks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and merry Christmas, I have had new full system fitted, the rads all heat up to the set temp (60) but then the boiler stops firing untill the temp drops to about 40 before it kicks in again. I have changed the room thermostat incase it was that but it's made no difference. I bought the system myself and got a fully qualified gas fitter to fit it. I would appreciate any help and advice. Thanks. The boiler is a Monza 24. And the temperatures I set are on the boiler. I have tried turning the room stat up and have turned all the rad valves up. What ever temp I set the boiler to it reaches it then drops back down to 40 odd before kicking in again.

Sponsored Links
even the best of heating engineers like to know what boiler you have and what exactly is set at 60 and comes back on at 40 ??????

Sponsored Links
What ever temperature I set the boiler to it reaches it then drops to 40 something before kicking in again and reaching the set temperature. Been trying it all day with different temps, room stat high/low, rads high/low, hot water on/off. But it always does the same thing, the house wont get hot. Help!

Did whoever fitted it not make sure that you were left with a working heating system?
some pics may be useful/entertaining
we love Photos :D

Matt

A quality system with correctly sized pipes and set bypass I'm sure. ;)

Get the installer back although if it is an appliance fault expect to be charged - heavily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back