rapist should they pay£

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
should crooks, muggers ,conmen, rapist etc be made to pay compo if they have the means now or come by it in the future,ie being left a house or win cash, either the victim or victim support take a %:cool:

Sponsored Links
yes

but, should victims get compensation/not get compensation depending on the luck of their attacker?

why not acces the tw##s ever few years and see what we can screw out of them ;) if the got nowt we leave alone if they have been on benifits and the win the lotto they pay it all back i dont care if it's fair as long as it seems just.

i have to say,if anyone mugged,raped,conned or hurt anyone i love,i would not want their money and neither would they.

i would however,like to discuss their punishment with the judge ;)

Sponsored Links
rapists should be castrated.

and made to pay compo'. the wealthier they are the more they should pay.

Dont really see why everything comes down to money.

He has served his time as a rapist yet the courts felt this woman deserved further justice. So they have 'bent' the rules and allowed her to take im to court.

Anyone with half a brain cell wouldn't have a) let him out on a day trip in the first place to buy the ticket and b) let him keep it. Make him give it away or charge him for all the years he's been in prison.

Does anybody know if she was compensated by the criminal injuries board?

Who cares if he's forced to give her money, he's a scumbag! If she now has the opportunity to screw him right back then I don't think anyone should be losing sleep over it. I'm sure he can spare her a few hundred thousand, if he was actually sorry for what he'd done then surely he would've offered her something in way of compo without hesitation?

He probably just blames her for getting him sent to prison.

the way i see it by taking his money of him he will suffer, and feel hard done by, you can never give a sex crime scumbag to much pain, :evil: did you see the bast### house full of cctv to make sure he's safe . sorry it would be back to the hostel for him . :evil:

as said above.

the fact that he should give compensation to the victim, is not only to benefit the victim financially, but to incur punitive damages upon the rapist.

if the courts put a threshold of say , £10,000 to be awarded to all rape victims, then rich rapists would see this as laughable.

but if punitive damages of 50% of the rapists bank balance were awarded, then that would be painful.

And how would we make poor people suffer?

It isn't about money and our legal system should make the punishment fit the crime not the perpetrators bank balance.

all defendants will suffer, rich or poor.

each will be punished by the state, and be imprisoned accordingly.

this is without doubt.

but it is the right of the victim to sue.

true, it is pointless if the rapist has no money. but, punitive damages would be a smack in the teeth for the rapist and a delicious victory for the victim, should the rapist turn out to be worth a bob or two.

financially ruining the rapist may not give the victim her life back, but it would sweeten her smile knowing she has all of his dollars. :evil:

I wonder how many rapes would be prevented if women had the right to defend themselves with a licensed firearm.

Nurses working the night shift coming home alone or women living alone in a flat as some bloke comes in through a window?

If the lady has a gun she is now in a better position to stop the crime and gives her the choice of removing the mans private parts or calling the police and wait the 20 minutes -1/2 hr for them to show up as she makes criminal plead for his rotten life.

In this country we have lots of dead women with an order of protection being held their stiff lifeless hand.

Seems the laws are out to protect the guilty like prisoners RIGHTS

Sponsored Links
Back