Rayburn PJ Ecoflame burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks, I wonder if someone can help me. We have the above installed and its taken to firing up, running for a couple of minutes then the flame goes out followed by the cut out. I loosened the bleed screw as soon as the pump had stopped expecting there to be no fuel but there was but only a trickle.

Do I have a fuel line/filter blockage or could it be the pump, yesterday it was occasionally making a scraping noise like a dry bearing then it stopped, its only started cutting out today.

Is there a filter on the burner? I haven't checked the tank one yet because its a distance away and its pouring with rain.

Thanks

Peter

Sponsored Links
Could be the solenoid coil or motor.

If it relights ok when it locks out I would suspect the solenoid coil as this usually fails when it starts getting hot.

Yes about £500's worth :eek: After I bled it, it ran for sometime and then went off again. I have noticed that sometimes the flame goes out and then reignites before the trip goes. I will check the tank filter tomorrow.

Peter

Sponsored Links
I would suspect that you either have a clogged filter in the oil pump or water in the oil.

spraggo

I thought water to be a possibility but there was no sign of it in the fuel I drained out. Where is the pump filter, in the intake pipe?

Peter

I thought water to be a possibility but there was no sign of it in the fuel I drained out. Where is the pump filter, in the intake pipe?

Peter

It will be within the oil pump body, will need the pump make and number to give more details.

spraggo

If you have a danfoss pump, there is a filter that is accessed either from the top of the pump via an allen screw, or you will need to remove the cover of the pump via the 4 allen screws. If there is water contamination it will be obvious here.

Pump is a 'Monflame Minor one S' It does have a little tower with an allen screw in it next to the bleed screw, is that it?

Peter

The Mono 1 is the burner not the pump. The oil line is attached to the oil pump by a hose. It will have a name on the side which I think will be danfoss bfp (number) then a letter and another number. I would check for oil coming to pump first. Do no touch the allen screw tower as it sets pump pressure and if you turn it you'll knock the flame out of balance with air intake.

Thank you all for your input, it now seems to be working OK.

I checked the tank filter which was a little dirty but not blocked, I then tried to find a filter on the pump but as access was not good I removed the burner, I carefully examined every orifice of the pump but could find no filter, the inlet port did have a bit on muck in it though. I disconnect the fuel line and ran it into a container, the flow was very slow, I jiggled the plunger thing on the fire valve and some muck came out and an increase in fuel flow, I drained about half a gallon off and the flow improved considerably, I have now put it all back together and it has been working all afternoon.

So here's hoping.

Peter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back