RCD for professional sunbed circuit installation (edited.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did you post here if you’re not going to listen to the advice we are giving? What a waste of all our time.

Who said I am not listening, if you could just read my last post and comment pls , then I will not bother you anymore .

Sponsored Links
Your last post still demonstrates that you are not competent to be doing this work, and advising anything other than engaging the services of a competent electrician would be negligent on our part.

The knackered old asbestos filled switchgear in your picture is not suitable to be connected to.

Pic of main Fuse Board
Your 'main fuse board' is obsolete, asbestos laden, dangerous junk that should have been replaced decades ago.

Nothing can safely be connected to that.

If you continue with your attempts to install this sunbed or any other electrical items there, you will be risking electric shock, fire and death for you and anyone else unfortunate enough to visit or live there.

Sponsored Links
As to capacitive and inductive linking it is hard to separate the two when looking at cables, we all know the problems when putting cables through different holes in a ferrous box.

Yes I do tuned circuits etc, but not really worried in this case if capacitive or inductive, AC can leak, don't need to go further.

@spike47 seemed to imply he was not doing the work, only gathering info and materials, now he shows a box well known for asbestos pads, yet another problem, I know we can ignore it, and many do, but if as he says some one else is doing the wiring, it is likely they will not. If he is not getting some one else to wire it then clearly he can do what ever he likes, even use knife switches with exposed live parts, should some on die as a result then likely HSE will visit and we would read the court case, but unless some one is injured no one would know.

Because I worried about my family and fitted RCD's back in 1993 does not mean everyone worries about their family, some may want to get rid of their wife, from pictures I would say sell sun bed and make the home safe to live in with the money you get for it, but I love my wife, and don't want to see her go, so may be you have different priorities.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back