RCD-protected circuit that is not on a separate breaker

Then I turn ON the second RCD and the loft sockets come up (all MCBs are still OFF). Is that normal?
No not normal, it would seem likely there is a fault, as @flameport says, but with my own house, can turn off all RCBO's and the freezers and fridge/freezers still work, and central heating still works, there are always exceptions to the rule, but seems more likely there is a fault.

Sponsored Links
No not normal, it would seem likely there is a fault, as @flameport says, but with my own house, can turn off all RCBO's and the freezers and fridge/freezers still work, and central heating still works, there are always exceptions to the rule, but seems more likely there is a fault.
Yes, but if you turn off all RCBOs AND MCBs surely nothing works? If something does then you have a similar problem!!!

Sponsored Links
Eric has a UPS.
Yes and as you rightly say this is why
Yes, but if you turn off all RCBOs AND MCBs surely nothing works? If something does then you have a similar problem!!!
Is not true, all RCBO's all isolators, and all MCB's off and 4 sockets and a FCU still works, and I feel I do have a problem as the button I need to press to switch it off has no provision to lock it off, but I also have a certificate to say it is compliant.

I am reasonably sure @RookieTony also has a problem, however there may be an overload device within the required 3 meters from the CU we are unaware of.

So all we can say is it requires investigation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back