Rear extension and permitted development

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to purchase a house with a view to do a rear extension. I'd like some advice please on a number of points.
1. How do I research if it had it's permitted developments removed (built in 2005)
2. It's a link detached, so a bedroom over a car port linked to next doors bedroom . Is this classed as semi detached when it comes to planning?3. In the garden, on the right hand side, the boundary along part of the garden is next doors garage and the left hand side my garage. Can these walls be built up to etc? Can i attach to the garage and make it habital??

Sponsored Links
. How do I research if it had it's permitted developments removed (built in 2005)

Often the local authority website will let you look this up online. For us it's on the same page that tells us the school catchment and bid collection day.

You can look at the original planning permission and the deeds
I've got the reference number for original plans, I've got no idea where to start looking as so many different documents come up

Sponsored Links
You look for the 'decision' then look through the conditions. I don't really understood what you're proposing, photos would help.

IMG_2389.PNG
IMG_2391.PNG
IMG_2392.PNG
So I only have the photos from the estate agents advert but should help.

I want to build a single storey rear extension.........
The boundry to the left of the photo is the neighbours garage wall, bar a small fence about 1 metre of the house. The garage to the right in the photo is my garage. Can I build and connect to my garage and what room wouldn need to be left at the neighbours garage side.

I can't see any relevant (and approved) applications for this part of Rayleigh on Rochford's planning pages in the run up to 2005. Was this part of the road known by another name at that time?

Last edited:
You need professional help.
I'm looking for some rough guidance as to what I'm restricted to before I buy the house. I'm not looking to plan or build it myself. I know I will need a professional. Pointless comment

I can't see any relevant (and approved) applications for this part of Rayleigh on Rochford's planning pages in the run up to 2005. Was this part of the road known by another name at that time?
I'm unsure, I am not from the area myself. The original planning application reference number was 05/00255/REM

I'm looking for some rough guidance as to what I'm restricted to before I buy the house. I'm not looking to plan or build it myself. I know I will need a professional. Pointless comment
No you need professional help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back